J-man

May 16, 2007
1) your physical size (both height and weight are important)
-5'8 135lbs
2) How physical / aggressive are you ?
-pretty aggressve i can take a fall
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ?????
-with freinds and woods mabe feilds
4) Do you have any riding experience?
-a couple of months on my underpowered 150
5) Do you think you will race ?
-i am thinking about it
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work?
-some work but nothing huge like most motor work.
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)?
Honda/KTM/Kawasaki/Suzuki
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry?
-all the brands i listed are available
9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike?
-5000-6000
10) Do you live in California?
-yep
11) Your age?
12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion
-i have been riding my CRF150F 4 a few months but think it is way underpowered and i need something bigger.

Jan 3, 2007
J-man, there all about the same. The YZ is the tallest and the RM125 not to far off in the late 90s. I say a pre 2000 because i think (but not positive) a newer 125 2 stroke would be red stickered wich means in certain areas you could only ride for 6 mounths out of the year.

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Why not consider one of the 250Fs? You're tall enough, the thumper will be more forgiving, more fuel efficient, (for long rides!), and you won't outgrow it too quickly.

Jan 3, 2007
J-man, i would suggest a CRF250X is you are willing to learn how to do your own work because the shops prices are insane to pay for an hour or 2. I think you would be better off with a RM250 because the matinece is easy and you would find the work to be done to it easier to do then a modern day liquid cooled 4 stroke.

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
No, the RM is a 2-stroke. 2-strokes are easier to work on, 4-strokes are easier to ride. The 4-stroke should go twice as long between rebuilds, but valves and camshafts make them trickier and much more expensive to rebuild. Apples and oranges!

Top Bottom