Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Hey did you get your WER mounted up yet? Have you tried it out. Waddya think? Pretty awsome hay?
Cheers
FT

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Yep! :)

The four spacers noted as 'required' for the kdx under the damper mount plate by the WER supplied info are indeed required. The shape of the fender makes them necessary.

There was a thread awhile back worrying about the fork travel taken up with a WER. General consensus was the thickness of the damper mount plate was no big deal. The required addition of the spacers makes the overall install more'n twice as thick.

Not anything I'm worried about...but something to take note of if maximum fork compression is a common thing in your particular ride.

The frame plate fit pretty good. Would have fit better if I'd removed some of the weld bead around the front gusset plate..but I chose not to.

Not able to ride anywhere's but around the house (couple acres). Did note a couple of times...angling out of a creek bed..coming down on some quite irregular ground from the air..the damper saved a considerable handful of the wobblies.

Altogether I'd describe the steering as being...well...'stabilized' ;)

Isn't THAT amazing!

Looking forward to the noggin-sized rocks going up kane creek.....

C'Mon rain!!!

jeffw

Nov 27, 2001
I'm the author of the thread you mention, CC. It's always nice to know you are not alone in your worries, isn't it? I took a little good natured ribbing during the life of that thread:), but it was from people sticking up for a great product, so I didn't mind much.

Total drop of the front fender is about 11mm. I've run mine hard now for about 2 months and haven't had a problem when bottoming. That is, the front tire hasn't locked up, or put me over the bars when bottoming. Also, there is no scuffing near the bolt pattern.

Still, I don't know that I'd raise my forks in the clamps when running a WER.

They do work. Three biggest things I've noticed are
1. High speed stability, no shake or wobble.
2. Reduced deflection off roots and rocks.
3. Reduced fatigue on long rides.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom