Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
I just got done mounting my WER. Now I am looking at the stock headlight and how it mounts and there is no way this will work. (2000 KDX200) Do I go get an aftermarket light with straps?
How did you guys do it?

No rush, I will be out on business for a while (overseas) and won't be able to check in as often as I'd like.

WildBill

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Mar 29, 2002
A buddy of mine put a wers on his '00 kdx220. To mount the stock light assy, he used aftermarket straps. I think they were from Acerbis. Otherwise, you could fab up brackets to fit.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
WER sells a headlight "relocation" mounting kit for the KDX. All it really comes with are some straps. You flip the upper mounting brackets to raise the headlight assembly up about an 1", and since the lower brackets won't reach the holes in the lower triple clamp, the rubber straps are used to secure the lower portion of the headlight to the fork tubes. You could easily mock up something similar, or use ChuckyBoy's method of rubber coated conduit straps to mount the assembly.

Do a search on WER in this forum, and you'll find plenty of detailed info. For pics, check this out:

http://community.webshots.com/album/58122940nvvMgT

Oh ya, most of us still end up cutting away a lower portion of the headlight assembly with a fine-toothed hacksaw blade to allow clearance of the actuating arm. Also ensure that the steering stops are in full contact, and that the WER doesn't "lock" before the steering stop hits.

Last edited:

TVRider

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 29, 2002
You don't have to cut the headlight all the way. I'll post a pic tommorrow, all you need is some rubber headlight mounting straps from FRP Racing.

Tom

TVRider

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 29, 2002
The WER went right back in place as it uses the fender brackets to install. And as you know these are the same on the KX T-Clamp. Here is a picture Jeff Fredette sent me when I was installing my WER. Mine looks identical except for the cool stickers and well-ridden look. :laugh: You may have to mess with the brightness and contrast to get a good look and mine looks a little cleaner because I used a Dremel, not a pocket knife. ;)

http://home.villagephotos.com/2003-6/9711/FredetteKDXHeadlightmount.JPG

Top Bottom