carb help

datsun

Jan 16, 2004
droped the flotebole last nite to check jets, now bike wont start. which way should the spring on the seat be facing? :ugg:

datsun

Jan 16, 2004
wire hook/spring is my ? IS THEIR A GOOD PICK OF THIS, IHAVE THE SERVES MANU... NOT MUCH HELP

Twiztid One

~SPONSOR~
Aug 19, 2003
on one side of the clip is flat the other has two ears , make sure the ears face away from the pivot . i installed it backwards and it peed none stop . (flat part goes against where it pivots) kinda hard to explain hope i dont confuse ya .

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
re: 'What If Bole Is Dry'

Then it won't start, 'eh? Is that the case?

You might check flow into the carb...make sure you aren't just dealing with a low gas level...maybe the petcock needs to be on 'reserve'?

If fuel flows out the hose, but not into the carb bowl then something is hanging up the needle.

Take it apart and check it again.

The float should move freely up and down (make sure the pin holding the float is correctly installed) which will move the needle up and down.

You can check the whole mess with the bowl off...turn on the gas, manually move the float up/down and make sure fuel flows.

Don't mash on the float in the process. It only sees very light pressure.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…