rmrider45

Sep 8, 2008
:ride: :ride: :ride: i got my 2003 rm 125 back together but now when i turn on the gas it leaks out of one of the five overflow tubes . is the float sticking or what . bike runs fine it just leaks so bad.also one more ? i got another cylinder from a friend but it is not stock bore. is there a way i can Measure to see what piston i need . thx

Last edited:

sharky243

Dec 14, 2008
There is probably a hunk of crap stuck bettween the inlet needle and seat. Take the carb. apart and flush it out. Yes you can have the cylinder measered. You will need a bore gauge to do it properly, so take it to your nearest automotive machine shop and they will measure it for you.

RM85rider123

Oct 28, 2007
sharky243 said:
There is probably a hunk of crap stuck bettween the inlet needle and seat. Take the carb. apart and flush it out. Yes you can have the cylinder measered. You will need a bore gauge to do it properly, so take it to your nearest automotive machine shop and they will measure it for you.

couldn't you use a micrometer to measure the bore?

sharky243

Dec 14, 2008
A micrometer measures outside diameters. You can measure your piston with a micrometer, you can measure your wrist pin with a micrometer, but you WILL need a bore gauge to measure the cylinder bore. The needle in the carburetor that's leaking is the fuel inlet needle valve. It is opened and closed by the float in the bowl of your carburetor. This controlls the fuel level in the carb. bowl. Right now, it's overflowing. (too much fuel)

Paulathin

Mar 19, 2009
ok if what that guy said doesnt stop the carb from leaking...take th carb apart get the bowl and take the little pin out from where it holds the float on. take the needle off the float and turn the float over and look at where the niddle would usually sit. if there is a tiny little indent then that will make the gas leak...i had that problem and i sanded the little bump down.. that only worked for a little while.. then it leaked again so i put J-B Weld on the hole and let it dry after it dried i sand the extra JB off. i left a little on and i just adjusted the float to the new hirght that the JB makes.Make sure there isnt a hole in the float also. and also make sure the floats r level after you are done. HAHAHA i hope that helps. i had trouble for a while with it and yes that is alot to read. If you have any other questions about the freaking novel i wrote just coment back. ahah i hope that helps [=

rmrider45

Sep 8, 2008
well i took the float bowl off and the float was sticking. adjusted the float so it wouldnt stick and it dont leak out of any of the tubes anymore.but when one of the screws wouldnt come lose i had to use vise grips to get it off and i cracked the float bowl a little. there is a little leak atm.all i need now is a new float bowl.it dont leak when you give it gas but it has a little drip when sitting still at idle.

Top Bottom