farmerj

Dec 27, 2002
powerchord,

Unless your carb is bad for some reason - which is hard to imagine in an '04 - what you probably want is not a new carb, but the RB Carb Mod. Send it to Ron, and for $165 it will be bored out to 36mm and recieve the famed divider plate that gives you a smooth low end & yet gives you the top end rev that you are (probably) looking for.

rb-designs.com

Try a search and read all about it!

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
A '95 and newer 200 PWK will fit right in.

So will a number of other carbs, but I assume you're looking for a 35mm to replace the 33mm that comes on the 220?

If you're considering buying some 'used' thing off some auction site..consider that you will likely get a headache or two. The cap tube is probably shot...the slide may be scratched...it'll be dirty...who knows what the float needle/seat will be like....

...yeah...you would be $$ ahead getting YOUR carb modified.

Well...or get a modified air striker from RB...and sell your relatively new PWK to pay for most of it!

You know about the finger adjustable air screws? They are cool! Everybody should have one! Well...anyone interested in tuning their carb anyway.

The larger carb does help the 220's anemic top-end. Doesn't altogether fix it...but helps it, for sure!

Jul 30, 2004
thanks a lot guys. i was looking at the carb mod but $165 seem litke a lot for it but i guess thats what i will go with. How much better is the air striker carb? I dont think i could get much for my carb. probley like 70 at the most and that why i was looking aon E-B-A-Y for a 200 carb cause i have seem them go for like 40.

dddford

Dec 10, 2004
There was an article on-line regarding this swap. I can't remember the website but I typed in kdx200 on google and it was on the first couple of pages

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom