outlawgrafyx

Feb 9, 2008
ok so i have a 1973 yamaha DT3 and ive rebuilt the carburetor. the problem is i have no clue what kind of carburetor it is, i know its a mikuni VM, but thats all. and its been running rich, its not the air fuel mix or idle, but its the jet is too big... i need to know what model the carb is and if anyone knows where i can get jets for my bike, ive looked everywhere and all he jets for the mikuni VM dont look anywhere near what my jet looks like

outlawgrafyx

Feb 9, 2008
i think the size i need is 160??? im not sure, i live in arizona so whatever would be good for around here

outlawgrafyx

Feb 9, 2008
pryor,

i sent u an email with my info.
do u think 160 would be fine in arizona, i live in the phoenix area, and i see your in california, i dont think it should be that much of a difference right???

thanks.

do u want me to send a payment of any kind?

pryor

Oct 21, 2006
Don't worry about payment I'm glad to help out when I can. I think a 160 is stock and should be close if your bike is stock, also elevation will effect jetting. I will get one in the mail mon. afternoon.

outlawgrafyx

Feb 9, 2008
pryor said:
Don't worry about payment I'm glad to help out when I can. I think a 160 is stock and should be close if your bike is stock, also elevation will effect jetting. I will get one in the mail mon. afternoon.

if u have any suggestions on what size jet is good for arizona, if u could if its available swich it in place of the 160. the elevation for my city is 1237 feet, if u might be able to figure what size this would be that would be awesome! let me know

outlawgrafyx

Feb 9, 2008
yeah but 160 is just the stc one, and im not sure if the one i have is the stock one or a different one, the one have have is pretty damn big, ive never seen a jet that big before

pryor

Oct 21, 2006
I cant tell you the perfect jet for your bike, I would have to try different set ups. Your main jet should be in the side of your floatbowl so you can change it easily. does your jet have a number on it? Have you changed the needle position on the slide? lowering the needle will lean it out until your close to WOT.

outlawgrafyx

Feb 9, 2008
i think the needle position is on its 3rd position from the top.

pryor

Oct 21, 2006
I just had a thought, your carb should have the main jet in the bowl, were your jet would be otherwise will be a brass piece with a place for a Oring that seals into the bowl,this part looks like a big jet. If the O ring is missing or you have the wrong bowl this may be your problem.

outlawgrafyx

Feb 9, 2008
pryor,

i pulled out the main jet and it turns out that it is 160, so is it possible the i could try out a different size? but when i pulled it out it looked clogged so i unclogged it, so that might have been my problem. Ill keep you posted if i turn out to actually need one tough, Thanks for all your help

Danny

outlawgrafyx

Feb 9, 2008
i took out the one out of the side and it said 160. i also have the big one in front of me, ithought that one was the main jet? it takes an oring?? i have the corect bowl.

pryor

Oct 21, 2006
Yes if its the piece that fits into the bowl when you put it together there has to be a Oring around the out side to seal it or it will suck fuel instead and not use the jet . that will make it run real rich if it will run at all.

outlawgrafyx

Feb 9, 2008
Ok

I Got a bigger problem

the big thing that looks like a jet in th middle of the float bowl that pryor was talking about.

i was screwing it back in and screwd it a little too tight nd it snapped!!!!!

i need one really fast. Pryor i dont know if you have any of those, but i need to find one

yamaha has them fo 15 bucks but thats a little more expensive then what i think i ca get it for.

Any places to go???? Stores????

Junkman, went to that place you emailed me, thats where i got the price info ($15) but im wondering if theres another alternatative???

The part is called the "Needle Jet Setter."

outlawgrafyx

Feb 9, 2008
yeah like i was tightening it, and the threads broke off from the main piece. Thanks, im glad wont have to pay for it :) yeah aybe i should lay off those wheaties, or maybe its the roids?? hahaha

Top Bottom