aValanchE!

Nov 23, 2005
I dont know much about mechanical things but we have to learn somewhere...

I just bought 94 Husky WR250 (according to owner it has a few carby problems) but a mate told me it was just his fuel mix. The problem is, after a while of riding when the engine heats up the engine peters out. Today I was grinding round my paddock and at the bottom end of each gear the engine would start to peter out. I could rev it more and it would stop.

I changed down gears and there was the same effect. After it inevtibly conked out, i could not restart the engine.

Anyone have any idea?

Asrith

Jul 18, 2001
You probably should consider going thru the carb and clean it and consider that with spark plug,etc.
You may have old gas in the carb that has varnished or has dirt in it. If you need more details on the specifics read here a lot. I bet the carb is the problem.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Could be an electrical problem, such as the stator windings going bad. This will often show up first when the motor is hot, resulting in poor hot running, followed by stalling and impossible hot starting.

It can get progressively worse, with the bike running for shorter periods and getting harder and harder to start, even when cold.

If you can't find a replacement stator, yours can be rewound.

These can be tough problems to diagnose, as the stator can check out OK when the motor is cold and the motor might run fine until it gets hot.

Top Bottom