Carrying a chain-saw, anyone build a rack?

D_Moen

May 7, 2007
Hi all,

We've got some work-parties set up this fall to do some trail maintenance before the snow starts up high. We are cutting single-track, so we don't want to run a quad into the trails we are making, so packing a saw in on a bike is the only way to go. I've seen chain-saws carried on the front of the bike, ahead of the number-plate. Has anyone come up with a good rack or a means of carrying a small chain-saw on thier dirt-bike?

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I've got some mounting brackets that are for a Memphis Shades windshield that fit my YZ upper fork tubes. I would say it would be fairly easy to fabricate a way to hold a chainsaw on the front of a bike but you would want brackets that would be easy to install and strong enough to support the weight and movement of the chainsaw. I may look a doing this for a trail work. I'll post some photos if I can come up with something.
BTW, the brackets were for a 02 Yamaha 1700 Warriror. They are a two piece design and can be installed or removed in about 30 seconds.

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
Use a backpack for the saw (best is an external frame pack modified to strap the saw to). Having it on the bike is just awkward.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…