I can finally carry my own bike(pics)

SVTMc-G

Apr 1, 2006
My bro in law and his neighbor built me a sweet bike carrier. It's light enough to carry in one hand(i'm no he-man), and it works perfectly! It's very nice, and more importantly....I can ride whenever the heck I want now!!!! He's building me a carry-all as well, it will slide in the main bar and pin in place. He's gonna start selling them custom ordered for $175. the carry-all will be an additional $50 if you want it too!

The funny part was.......he said he needed me there to get a few aspects of the size and placements right and I could leave. He said they'd put their touch on it. He told me to pick it up at his work the next day. I go home, do my thing, eventually get in bed and start dozing off. My doorbell rings and there he and his neighbor are(neighbor helped). they decide to deliver it since they were so hyped about it. I go outside, they slide it in my receiver hitch, we put some light on it.......and there it is..........painted purple with hot pink hearts and girly stickers all over it. My niece wanted to write "Rainbow Rider" on it. It was a great laugh.

Attachments

• dirtridershrunk.jpg
    dirtridershrunk.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 175

SVTMc-G

Apr 1, 2006
the hooks are mounted by welds on the t-bar. he coped the ends of the square bar, drilled and tapped some thick round tubing, screwed in 500lbs. rated hooks, and welded them in the coped area. I weigh 200, my bro weighs 275, and his neighbor weighs 280. we all stood and jumped on it while in the hitch. That's pretty stout!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Looks like a nice job. The only suggestion I would make is to add some cheap trailer lights with a 4 flat plug. This would make the drivers behind you happier & less likely to squish your bike. It may also keep your from getting a ticket in some places.

SVTMc-G

Apr 1, 2006
I've been contemplating that.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Nice job. Here I thought you could finally lift your bike, like you were weak or something? Its early here. Test it going to Wardy's for a ride, mid October adventure? Your chain seems too tight by the way, may be cause the back end is unloaded?

SVTMc-G

Apr 1, 2006
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Nice job. Here I thought you could finally lift your bike, like you were weak or something? Its early here. Test it going to Wardy's for a ride, mid October adventure? Your chain seems too tight by the way, may be cause the back end is unloaded?

Thanks bro! Chain was a little tight in that pic. already loosened it. Mid October I'm at covered bridge festival. May sneek up to badlands for one of the days while the ladies shop!haha. I hope all comes together and Indy has the get together/ride at his new land. I'm not missing that!!!!hahaha. :cool:

Top Bottom