castor oil users (premix) Blendzall

bigred455

"LET'S JUST RIDE"
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2000
I have tore down my motors on my 00 kx 250 using maxima 927 using 40:1 and using amsoil TCR at their recommended ratio 50:1.I will tell you the 927 shows excellent wear characteristics on the intake side of the Kx piston compared to the amsoil .The amsoil does run cleaner especially on the main power valve.As for lubrication for top and bottom end and excellent ring seal I am back to castor based oils.My concern is protection not which oil runs cleaner (MY APPLICATION). OK getting to my point, I just ordered a case of BLENDZALL racing castor#460 I ran this stuff when I was a kid .I will be posting later on with my results when it is do for a top end 00 or 03 kx250.....

The place I ordered it from has excellent prices and quick service. www.cometkartsales.com I saved 3.00 dollars a bottle check their site out.

Last edited:

bigred455

"LET'S JUST RIDE"
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2000
Can you say sticky rings and gummy , where is my 927.

steve125

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
I agree Senior KX, neat smell but very dirty. If you want to run a castor oil the 927 is the best. :thumb:

bigred455

"LET'S JUST RIDE"
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2000
Originally posted by steve125
I agree Senior KX, neat smell but very dirty. If you want to run a castor oil the 927 is the best. :thumb:

Steve, no doubt in my mind that the 927 is the way to go.They really do have a decent product,I know it is not all castor,but also syntehtic makeup.My pistons and cylinder look beautiful(WEAR) . The only thing different I will be doing is cleaning the expansion chamber and silencer a couple times between top end service.

Last edited:

Jan 13, 2003
BigRed
How has the Blendzall worked out for you.. I am just in the process of trying to get some into New Zealand. It is the only Castor based oil I can find which is suitable for injection. (I have a KDX200 SR). So I am v interested in your thoughts so far

Thanks

bigred455

"LET'S JUST RIDE"
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2000
I used it both on my 00 and 03 kx 250,My 03 only had 2 hrs on it before I switched,. the 00 had a fresh top end.I ran the 03 at my local track ,about 1.5hr time on it.In that quick of a time I was starting to show blow-by,past the top ring,not that bad,but bad enough for that short of time. Now my nephew has 2 hrs on the 00 with a fresh top end,after 2 hrs of him riding, the blow -by is substantial,well below the bottom ring.Granted he does not run the bikes like me,but the rings were sticking very bad.I drained both bikes,mixed my 927 and let my nephew put 1 hr on each bike.Pulled the pipes and believe it or not the discoloring of the piston from the blow-by was gone.Just to give you an idea,I use to run the 927 before ,I do my top ends between 45-55 hrs,Just let me say the rings are sealed with the 927,no blow-by what so ever after 50 hrs of hard use.The blendzall I was using was the original #460 Racing castor.Are you sure you can use that in a injection system?I believe the viscosity is 45 with that certain product. 927 FOR ME and I am staying.

Top Bottom