Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Anyone going? I am thinking about making it up there Sunday. I understand it is a loop system ride so you come back to your parking area after each loop.

jrccc20967

Mar 30, 2000
I don't know about this weekend I'll check and see what I have going on.If it is like the rides in the past up there it will be a very nice ride.I'll keep you posted. Big Jim

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
heading north on the 6/29

this weekend is out, spudric's # 1 rear shock is out being rebuilt. jack said it should be ready by monday 6/24? will be camping at old orchard for a week starting 6/29 will be looking for a 2 or 3 level ride with in 50 miles of the camp ground .

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Originally posted by Derhntr
Fred,

Get me some details.

Try this link: http://www.cycleconservationclub.org/

Thats all I know. I can't find my Mi Rider Mag with the ad in it. You should know it is a LONG drive for you Brian its a bit north of Gaylord! I suppose I could take my RV and we could meet there Sat night and stay in the RV over night.

Jeff Allen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 23, 1999
Check your email Fred

We need to get the Michigan DNR to work out some trail systems that are a little farther south. This 4hour+ drive to get anywhere decent is getting to be a pain in the rear. Maybe its time to buy some land "Up North":think

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Just got back from Wolverine

There were 5 of us riding today. Dennis, Jim and 2 of the gang. We just rode a 44 mile loop -all gnarly single track. Man what a beautilfu but brutal trail. It was fun but challenging. Not too many whoops, lots of very tricky hills, tree roots the size of 8 inch diamater at times, rocky hills and tricky downhills. Very tight at times and ususlly slow but nice going. There were some open spots where you could rip too but you had to be careful for rocks and roots all the time. No mud at all. It was a very technical trail and wore us out so we went swimming in the lake and skipped the second loop. They had 244 riders at the event.

If you have never ridden the Tamahawk trail near Wolverine it is most definatly worth the very long drive -even if you only make 44 miles like we did today.

Derhntr

May 1, 2001
Fred, I am glad you had a good time, sorry I could not make it on sunday. I rode at Cadillac on Sat. The one loop that I rode was a butt buster too. Lots of hills and roots and whoops and stumps:think I am riding with Mike this week-end. Whats your plans????

Brian

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Going tp RedBud

Brian
I am going to RedBud this weekend for the 125/250 Nationals. I'll be avail for a ride on the follwoing 3 weekends. Let me know.
Fred

WALKMAN

Oct 11, 2000
hey i'm back in town, freds right i've ridden the north loop a couple of times but from now on it's the south loop ALL the time! fatherandson, felt alot better on the 300 last weekend and i say we vote fred most improved rider at the spodefest, we put him up front for a couple of sections and he down right ripped! i had to work hard to keep him in sight, if he gets so he can do forty miles like that i'm not riding with him anymore!

jrccc20967

Mar 30, 2000
oh baby did we have fun. I am with walkman, Fred was a man on the move for a while.I guys upper leg is all black and purple.he was bit by his wr.We did run into 1 small problem. Fred needs to put alittle more gas in the Blazer on the next trip.Blazer + no gas + I-75 = not much fun. Sorry Fred it was to funny to not everyone.Thank god for left over 4 stroke gas. Look forward to the next trip.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Originally posted by jrccc20967
oh baby did we have fun. I am with walkman, Fred was a man on the move for a while.I guys upper leg is all black and purple.he was bit by his wr.We did run into 1 small problem. Fred needs to put alittle more gas in the Blazer on the next trip.Blazer + no gas + I-75 = not much fun. Sorry Fred it was to funny to not everyone.Thank god for left over 4 stroke gas. Look forward to the next trip.

I kinda knew that wasn't going to slip by! Anyway, I appreciate you giving me some gas so I got off the highway and to the gas station. You are a great group of guys and we always have fun. Hope you can get to REDBUD and if not I'll see you at the Spode Ride July 22nd! Hows your Monkey butt?

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Hey guys have a great time at Red Bud this weekend. Glad to hear you had a good time in Wolverine. Here is an idea for a future ride...
How about rioing the National Enduro in September????

Top Bottom