mjbike

Dec 1, 2003
I was going to Cedar Creek 8:30 am Saturday and get in quick a ride before it gets busy if any one looking to ride.
Slow Joe you interested?(have to get your # next time we ride)
I believe they just groomed it.
Mike

slow_joe

Mi. Trail Riders
Oct 9, 2004
7 screws and a plate. Wasn't even on a bike. Took the kid over to Baja for the LLQ. A track he had never been on before. He does a lap and a half and the bike quits. I go running out to get him off the track. I jumped over the burm and landed in a deep tractor track. My ankle rolled and I felt it snap. They had to cart me back to my camper. The bad part was it was just me and the 7 year old. The lady tells me its an hour to the ER. I figure I might as well drive 3 hours back home then. The kid gets the tools and the spare parts out of the truck. I figure I'll let him race if I can fix it. It wasn't getting spark, so I put a new stator in it and he kicks it over. The guy I know that we followed over, his wife runs into birch run and gets me a pair crutch's. So the kid runs both his motos and by the time we get back to the camper it's 7:00PM. So I popped and asprin and we stayed the night. drove back left footed Sunday morning. The kid got 6th and is qualified if anybody wants to hall us down to Bowling Green Kentucky for the regional?

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Yo Joe. Wolfchild sends his well wishes from Florida. Having been thru the same thing he feels said he feels your pain.

ChrisKring

Jun 20, 2006
damn Joe, that sucks. What all did you end up breaking?

I got back on my bike last year exactly 6 weeks after breaking my Fribula while riding my mountain bike. I had to sit in New Jersey for 3 days before I could head home since I was pulling the trailer for the team. Luckly, I didn't need surgury. It sucks, but the time goes pretty fast. Your boys will get more ride time since you will not be riding. It's still fun to watch them. I was hobling around Little Air 3 or 4 Saturdays in a row watching him ride.

Hope you feel better.

slow_joe

Mi. Trail Riders
Oct 9, 2004
They said it was a spiral facture of the tibula. The doctor said he could just cast it, but the alignment would be just a little bit off. Plus it would be a full leg cast for 4 weeks. Then a bellow the knee cast for another 4 weeks. With the surgery, it should be straight and I will just be in splints. Should be able to put weight on it in about 4 weeks. I don't think I'll be riding until maybe fall.

ChrisKring

Jun 20, 2006
Joe

Get one of those scooters that you kneel on so that you can get around. It's like a 4 wheeled razor scooter with a raised plaform to put your knee on. Crutchs suck. C2 on here (Chuck) has one that he used up until a couple of weeks ago and he could fly on that thing.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
ChrisKring said:
Joe

Get one of those scooters that you kneel on so that you can get around. It's like a 4 wheeled razor scooter with a raised plaform to put your knee on.

438364112_14f531328a.jpg

Top Bottom