tall1

Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 1, 2002
:bang: Hey guys, I am beyond sick of winter. I don't want to wait another 10 days to ride unless I have to. What is the snow/ice conditions at Cedar Creek? I would like to ride Sunday April 3rd. Can any of yall Cedar Creek locals post a current trail report Saturday?

:ride: My KDX is all ready to go, and I'm bolting the bike carrier on the truck tonight. Or is this just wishful thinking?
BTW the snow in SW Michigan was gone over two weeks ago. There just isn't any place to ride in this part of the state.

Gary

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
tall1 said:
:bang: Hey guys, I am beyond sick of winter. I don't want to wait another 10 days to ride unless I have to. What is the snow/ice conditions at Cedar Creek? I would like to ride Sunday April 3rd. Can any of yall Cedar Creek locals post a current trail report Saturday?

:ride: My KDX is all ready to go, and I'm bolting the bike carrier on the truck tonight. Or is this just wishful thinking?
BTW the snow in SW Michigan was gone over two weeks ago. There just isn't any place to ride in this part of the state.

Gary
WOW! It's interesting - I just left Woodsy an email saying I'm going to try to ride Cedar on Sunday instead of Saturday. He says it was pretty clean before the rain, so it should be even better now. So, I'm looking at Sunday around 1pm. I WILL be taking it pretty easy, so if you want to meet up, great, but I'll be letting you rip up the trail ahead of me. I want to make sure everything stays put inside :laugh:

bbarel

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 13, 2003
I want to ride somewhere on Sunday too if the snow/ice is gone (no studs), but 1PM is a bit late for me since I'll have a 3hr drive back south/east. Hey what about Holton/HorshShoe isn't that a better trail than Cedar?

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
LC RM said:
Where exactly is cedar creek? close to what city I mean.

hey LC - do a Mapquest directions from your house to:
3730 Ryerson Rd. Twin Lake Mi 49457 and you will have directions to the Cedar Creek trail head.. The Trail head is about 2 miles East of this address oright off Ryerson Road.. You will find the entrance in a valley just after you cross the single track on the west side of the Loop.. The entrance into the trailhead is no longer marked - I think the plows took the sign down - but you cant miss it - it is a two track that goes sharply uphill on the south side of Ryerson Rd...
By the way, that address has NOTHING todo with biking - its just an address that I wrote down to give people like you directions...
Speaking about that... I think it would be neat if Okiewan developed a forum for addresses (including zip codes) like this for all the riding areas all over the country!! That way any one of us could access an address, plug it in to Mapquest and get exact directions to the riding areas we are looking for!! What do you guys think of that idea????
Sunday sounds good t me guys.. I will try to get a more up to date trail report before Saturday night and see what kind of "damage" the rain did to that ice!!!!!!!
See you fellers soon!!!
Woodsy

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Ill get ya a good trail report tomorrow night. Cause I am riding Cedar Saturday morning around 8:30amish. Then I will be back out there Sunday with my kid for some family time.

Anyone want to join me Sat morning is more than welcome. Bigeasy???

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
bbarel said:
. Hey what about Holton/HorshShoe isn't that a better trail than Cedar?

Wasn't part of Horseshoe closed? Is it open now? Am I way behind on this?
I like Cedar A LOT better than horseshoe...those trails are tight!

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Gentle men, START YOUR ENGINES!! The wife and I took a ride up to Cedar and all looks great!! Very few patches of snow under a couple pine trees is all I could see!! The lot is almost barrien of snow (lost 90% of what was left) and even the ice that was left on the entrance road in behind the lot is GONE!!!
Horse Shoe also is READY!! We rode up there and EXACTLY the same conditions!!!
Pack a lunch (there I go with the food again) and strap down the bikes guys - ITS RIDING TIME ON THE WEST SIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :aj: :ride: yyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I will start a new thread with this info!!

BigEasy

Mi. Trail Riders
Feb 22, 2005
YZMAN400 said:
Ill get ya a good trail report tomorrow night. Cause I am riding Cedar Saturday morning around 8:30amish. Then I will be back out there Sunday with my kid for some family time.

Anyone want to join me Sat morning is more than welcome. Bigeasy???

I will try to sneak out early. I may be muddy by the time I meet you. I have to head home by 10:30 for an early afternoon wedding. Poop have to pick up orv as well.

katoom125

Apr 25, 2004
bbarel said:
I want to ride somewhere on Sunday too if the snow/ice is gone (no studs), but 1PM is a bit late for me since I'll have a 3hr drive back south/east. Hey what about Holton/HorshShoe isn't that a better trail than Cedar?

We'll be at the staging area of Holton trail on sunday morning at 10:30 to 11:00 if you don't want to ride alone - Yes, the trail should be quite rideable without screws or studded tires - at least there's 4 of us betting on it. I live East of there by 20 mi. or so with similar conditions typically and our snow is now gone except for the very dark spots in the woods (maybe 5%). 3 Out of the 4 of us will be on new (to us at least) bikes so that should be interesting too.

I agree with you (not MXgirl - sorry) that Holton is MUCH better trail than Cedar Creek which for our purposes is more of a wide and whooped out 4 wheeler trail - A fine trail for motocrossers to stay in shape but we're not motocrossers - too old for that stuff any longer.

tall1

Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 1, 2002
:cool: Thanks for the trail report Woodsy. I'm planning on Cedar Creek about 10:30am. I guess I'll see Mark and Don a little later in the day. If anyone else wants to ride with me, I'm planning on doing an easy loop before lunch. Don't forget the time change tonight!!!

Top Bottom