BIGFOOT16

Oct 20, 2000
I have read all the posts about the CEL needle.Is it really that good,or just hype?My 220 is pretty much stock.Air box lid off,boyesen reeds,BR7ES plug.I went out riding last weekend and she coughed and sputtered at WOT.If I let up,everything was fine.I plan on checking the main jet and was wondering if adding the CEL,while I'm inside the carb is worth it.

OLD-N-SLOW

Nov 21, 2000
To make a big difference get the RB carb mod done. That will bring you to a 36mm carb and get the jetting you want in one package. And yes the needle is a huge change. But the carb mod is the way to go on the 220.
Carb mod,kg-30 rev pipe and you and your big feet will be haulin'.
Please make these changes and read the" emergency RB carb mod jetting"
thread. After reading, send your carb to Ron and tell him what jetting you want and it will come back ready to go! I think he even supplies a couple of extra jets.
Steve

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
re: is it really that good?

It's a difference in the RB carb that is considerably better than the 'A' series needles that were originally coming back at the beginning (fact: some RB owners prefer the 'A' series needles still). I don't know what the improvement would be %-wise to a stock carb.

The fact you are running a kdx without a pipe and if 'pretty much stock' means it has the stock jetting, I doubt you'd think much of a needle change.

There's alot to be said for 'more riding' and 'less messing'.

Top Bottom