what's this about cel, cek .............jetting

tightrider

Feb 8, 2001
whats this about cel, cek. what are you referring to. i run a 42 pilot,145 main,1473 needle, ont recall clip position right off hand. a little rich all the way through, but never fouls. boyesen power reeds,pc pipe and silencer,no air box lid. just started having a problem at idle, it wont. any suggestions. in reference to heat range on the plugs, you say you run b7's no overheating problems?

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
If its just idle, try adjusting the idle screw or air screw

kdxtaz

~SPONSOR~
Mar 29, 2002
CEL & CEK are in reference to jet needles, available from Sudco. Never tried one, but hear they rock. About the idle - Try S.F.'s suggestion. My 200 won't idle if the air filter and/or the silencer are even slightly plugged.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
you say you run b7's no overheating problems?

A one step hotter plug will get you a hotter running bike, too. About 25º. The hotter the bike runs 'normally' will get it TO 'overheated' sooner.

I've overheated (popped the cap seal) on my bike a few times running a 7. Only during some pretty severe abuse.

A 7 is considered by many to be closer to 'correct' heat-wise for later model kdxs. That doesn't cover the bikes that COME with 9s.

Be careful to not jet 'lean' in an attempt to get a pretty plug with a too cold heat range.

Top Bottom