_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
I'm playing with a Stihl 032 my father in law has been fighting with for a while now. It quit running one day on him so he figured it was due for a carb rebuild and new filters. Se he had me rebuild the carb for him, which seemed reasonably clean. He put it back on and still no go. It doesn't get fuel. If you prime the cylinder with a little fuel it will fire. It has a diaphragm carb. There is a hose running from the crankcase to the carb mount. Do any of you guys know if that's supposed to pressurize the tank to feed fuel or should the carb pull it in itself? The filter and line are new/clean. I guess I'll pull the carb back off and make sure it's all clean in the meantime......

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
No and no....haha. I thought about trying to bump start it, of the driveway. :uh:

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
theres usually a sponge type thing in the tank that helps the fuel constantly feed when you turn it sideways etc. id check in the tank next. pull the fuel line and see if you get flow. pull crankcase tube and check for clogs?

mideastrider

~SPONSOR~
Jul 8, 2006
Clean carb and no fuel? I would check the fuel line in the tank. Like ellandoh said. They have a fuel line in the carb with a weight on the end that lets it fall to the bottom side of the tank when the saw is turned in any position. (like a RC plane) Those fuel lines will crack over time and it allows them to suck air above the fuel. If that happens it won't run.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Papakeith said:
yep, I'd go with cracked flop tube too
Unless it was a left handed model in which case it needs a flip tube.

Top Bottom