Jun 12, 2005
Im new to jetting as some of you probably no. I was wondering how do you change jets. Do you have to take off the carb and take it apart or is it all done with like a flat head screw driver switching the jets. And how do i change the height of the needle and does it require removing the carb? And also i have gas that is about 3-4months old can i still use this and what is the downside of using gas this old? Its nixed with oil too so the oil is 4 months old. So i dont really want to waste the fuel. Any input?

i_955

Dec 18, 2004
Pilot and main, loosen the carb clamps, twist carb so that the bottom faces you. Place a couples paper towels under the carb, turn the gas OFF then loosen the large bolt on the very bottom. Unbolt the 4 screws from the bowl.

Needle comes from the top. You might have to remove the seat and tank to get at it. I do anyways, it only take a minute more or maybe less.

Throw the gas in your moms boyfriends truck and mix up some fresh stuff.
Smell it, if it doesn't small like gas don't use it. I've used gas that was over a year old but I wouldn't use it in a hi performance engine.

Top Bottom