gargamel

Nov 18, 2005
Hello everyone,
Been reading on this site for awhile now and thought it was time to register. I have been racing atv's xc and motocross on a Yamaha Banshee. Well the tracks around here only have 2-4 races a year for atv's and have been takin over by the new 4 strokes. So I'm parting my Banshee out on **** and switching to 2 wheels. They have a lot more races (of course I will take a year or two to practice before entering) for dirt bikes. So I will be the noobie asking noob questions for a while. But I do know how to use the search funtion :cool:
So I will be reading up on the best bike for me, so in the spring (or if I see on this winter f/s) I will pick one up. I was leaning towards the crf450. I been riding street bike and atv's all my life and will grow out of a 250 4 stroke in no time, I think?? And want to get a four stroke because it's the furture and 2 strokes will be over soon IMO. All ready is in the atv market :p dam tree huggers :uh:

Later,
Jeremy

cnielse5

~SPONSOR~
Feb 22, 2005
I started out on Bikes then was converted to a banshee while I was in school (I was a very confused youth) then converted back to bikes. I have had 3 Cr 250's since the conversion, and never looked back. I am sure someday I will have a fourstroke but I figure I might as well enjoy the 2strokes while they are still here.
IMO the reason you only see 4 strokes on atv's is becuase for the longest time the banshee was the only real sport atv. (1992-2003)

gargamel

Nov 18, 2005
cnielse5 said:
IMO the reason you only see 4 strokes on atv's is becuase for the longest time the banshee was the only real sport atv. (1992-2003)

I don't get what your saying here, the banshee was produced from 1987- 2006, the reason atv are all 4 strokes now is because epa laws say 06 is the last year they can make them. Which makes no since being they're not stopping 2 stroke bikes :coocoo: oh well

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to the site :cool:

Thanks for setting up your User CP and updated information relating to your location. Grab a spot on the couch. We will do our best to hook you up with some fellow dirt bike enthusiasts.

Again, welcome to the site and shout if you have any questions!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom