Alex28

Oct 17, 2008
I just bought a new battery, and I put it in my bike, can I charge the battery outside while it's in the bike? I was going to do it overnight.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Does the battery NEED charged? Do you have an charger that will safely allow you to connect to the battery while it's in the bike? I would think that low of a temp might make it slow to charge but can't say for sure since I'm a few clicks south of where it get's that cold.

mathd

Oct 11, 2008
-3°C thats not cold.
You do not want to keep a battery discharged for a long time in a cold climate(-20 -30 °C) because it will never hold a charge again.

But a battery will charge in a cold climate. I live in north of quebec and we charge battery at -45°C when required.

Anyway, usually when you buy a (new) battery they should be pre-charged. If your new one is not maby its a bad battery wich do not hold the charge(happened to me with a truck battery)

Alex28

Oct 17, 2008
The battery I bought had to be semi put together, I had to put the liquid stuff in it, so it didn't come with a charge. I've left the new battery in the bike for a few hours and I'm going to start charging it tonight at 9pm and then unplug it in the morning at 9am, leaving it not plugged in for a few hours wont hurt the battery right?

Top Bottom