holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
I'll probably be there to do the first loop. Should be able to finish this time... :aj:

Last edited:

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Terrific 'Shot ... must be exciting to get back on the enduro train ! We'll look for you ...

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
I'll be there. Right now I'm not sure if I should drive out Sat or Sun morn. When is everybody getting there?

dingoe

Feb 13, 2003
I hope to be out there on Sat. Looks like I can't stay for Sunday, my buddy needs to get home Sat-Night. If he drops out, I may change my plans and drive up Sat. If not I plan on making it out to Hodge for next weekend.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Thumbs, did we get our minute info yet?

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
Aww hell, just start kick'n, if they throw a rock at ya, you'll know it was the wrong guy., actually the email just said #2 , I just assumed it was loop 1

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Right on ... I'm seriously thinking about going out there Saturday night, especially since start time is 8 AM. Anyone else up for a little desert camping ?

Here's some stuff about the race from the D-37 board:

"Here's some "fun facts" about Checkpoint MC Bad Mountain Enduro.... the last in the Fun4 Enduro Series of 2004:

1. Yes, it is a timekeeper.

2. If you think 4 weeks is a long time without a race, 6 weeks is going to be even longer if you miss this one!

3. Enduros pay DESERT POINTS. For desert, you're only scored against the other desert riders. If you're the only Desert guy or gal in your class - YOU get first place (desert) points even if you finish dead last!

4. Something I'd never have guessed about enduros.... They are awesome for making you a better and faster (traditional) desert racer. Turning skills, being smooth and predictable in the technical, when to twist it on, when to conserve your energy... even if you're not keeping time, the course will surprise you for it's interesting twists and turns. It's like a meandering on-a-whim play ride... with ribbon to keep you from getting lost.

5. You've heard this about a lot of races... But *I* - Devon, the one-loop girl novice new desert racer, am telling you, that if your wife or girlfriend or daughter has been wanting to try a "race" - this is a GREAT course to start on. The first loop anyway.

And for those of you who want to know about the course:

The first loop: FUN. Really fun. We looked at everything with the intent that a 12 year old on a TTR125 can make everything and (maybe) even zero a check. Quads were considered during the entire layout. Happy lifting. (just kiddin') We took out two questionable sections to avoid putting in alternates, since some of the quads are starting to do real timekeeping and mileaging.

I rode the entire first loop on Friday. It's really cool. We go through some really neat areas that I haven't seen in a race this year. There's a little bit of everything, and nothing lasts forever. Air your paddles for rocks. Gear to the moon, but make provisions for tight technical. muahahaha

Expect some very fun swishy sandy canyons and smooth sandstone rock roller coaster sections. Expect a fast valley crossing to get you back on time. Expect some beautiful scenery... the desert is so gorgeous this time of year.

Fast guys better watch out that we don't catch you burning some well-placed checks. Possible THIS! The fast guys will be warmed up - not worn out - and ready for the challenge of Loops 2 and 3. And I'd venture to say, that even the pros will enjoy the trail selection. It's not boring. Byron worked hard laying out this loop - and it shows.

The second loop: I haven't seen it, but I'm told it's challenging, without being stupid.

The third loop: Something about grown men crying.....? I *believe* it's qualifyer style... and an obstacle or two will send all but the cream of the crop back for a second run at it... but nothing un-doable or stupid.

This 3rd loop is restricted to Expert and Ammies only. Some specialty class Ammies will not go on it either. Check the flyer for the distance required for your class.

http://www.district37ama.org/offroad/calendar/dec04/checkpoint.jpg

If you want any more info like check locations, (you know, the usual) please ask away. Route sheets should be out tomorrow or Tuesday latest. (pray it didn't snow out there sunday)

See you on December 5th!"

PhastPhart

Dec 15, 2000
I'll be there riding with 3 other 100's guys. I'll be up Sun Morning.

Stupid enduro question. When you leave the start, are you leaving at the top of your minute or the end? Would you have to accelerate 30 seconds to be in the middle of your minute or slow down 30 seconds?

Hey JP, come by Sun morning and I'll give you the Tshirt I owe you. Or I'll bring it out to your check if you can tell me exactly where it is.

Gregg

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Thumbs, did we get our minute info yet?

From D-37 Board: Route sheets should be out tomorrow or Tuesday latest.

Stupid enduro question. When you leave the start, are you leaving at the top of your minute or the end? Would you have to accelerate 30 seconds to be in the middle of your minute or slow down 30 seconds?

You leave at the top of your minute. You would slow down to to be in the middle of your minute.

If you are on minute 15 and the race starts at 8:00 then you will leave a soon as keytime hits 8:15:00.

If you are supposed to be at a check at 9:20
9:20:01 = entering at the top of your minute - almost early
9:20:30 = entering at the middle of your minute - perfect for a tiebreaker
9:20:59 = entering at the end of your minute - one more second and your late

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
xTYBALTx said:
New to the area. . .where IS this?
Cougar Buttes

Take I-15 North to Bear Valley Cutoff exit (about 22 miles from I-15 & 215 junction). Turn right and head through Lucerne Valley to Camp Rock Road (30 miles). You will connect with HWY 18, which will then turn into HWY 247 at Lucerne Valley. Approximately 6 miles past Lucerne Valley, look for Camp Rock Road. Turn left on Camp Rock road and follow the Checkpoints signs/arrows to camp. About 3 miles up Camp Rock Road you will turn right and go about another 4 miles on a dirt road to camp at Cougar Buttes

Come on out and have some fun.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Right on ... I'm seriously thinking about going out there Saturday night, especially since start time is 8 AM. Anyone else up for a little desert camping ?

I'm pondering comming out late Saturday night but it's gonna be friggen cold. I might stay in one of the roach motels for the night.

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
On the fence with the Saturday idea, but it would be nice not to wake up at 4am, get to Cougar with just enough time for the race. I much rather camp than stay in a roach motel with my bike inside the room. I'll check out the weather forecast and post it up.

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
19, holy cow, that makes my joints ache just think'n about it, Barry is working on a new duty list, I should now soon just were the hell I'm suppose to be.

I sure hope they get back up to Arrowhead soon, that was the best riding I can remember, though the Forest was just to cool

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Those Flea Bag motels seem like the Ritz Carlton compared to a tent (especially this late in the season).

Top Bottom