Chick's Ride - January 22nd @ Hollister

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Hi Ladies! Great ride! I had such a great time starting from the minute I picked up Karna in Turlock, Starbucks in hand, got to gab for 2 whole hours and catch up! :cool:

After arriving at Hollister, we were greeted by Woodschick (Tami), Ellen and Mini. Ellen, I am so happy that you made it down all the way from Oregon to ride with us, it was so good to see you! Tami showed us the new RigLuxe, complete with cocktail lounge and cooktop - very cool! MIni and Ellen had matching new CR250X bikes! wow!

So I get to meet all these very cool women and check out their rides...Linda (motorkid) on a KTM200, Hammera on a TTR125, Petra on a KDX200, Kimmylion and her daughter Lacey (CR230F), Heidi on a (gulp) Husaberg450 -and yes, she kicks butt on that ride! :) . Mudmaiden shows up with her XR400 and I give her moral support while she unloads (She didn't need my help afterall!)

I see some of my old friends, Jennifer, Kathy (RockyRoads). There are 13 of us all together! :ride:

Thanks to Woodschick for her fearless leadership of the Hollister trails. I decided to pull Sweep duties for the first time and actually did not lose anyone, although Hammera gave me a run for my money a couple times ;)

After a 20 miler morning ride, we all came back to the pit for birthday cake (Happy Birthday Mini and Karna!!). The guys were cool about letting us do our own ride and it truly was fun to see everyone out on the trail check out this long string of females glide on by.

After the lunch break, some of us went to go watch Heidi and jennifer do Competition Hill. This one girl with curly pigtails headed up the hill and took a tumble. We watched as she got her bike turned around, remounted then faceplanted on the way back down. I couldn't sit by anymore, and neither could RockyRoads, so we hiked up the steep face of the hill to help her out.

Shortly after arriving, we figured out that "she" had a big dirty mustache and was actually a "he" :eek: . Well we told him to take a break, we turned his bike around again and got him back down the hill safely....but we couldn't help but bust out laughing after he was out of earshot. Holy crap, that was funny.

We rode around the hills for a while longer, trying out the greasy muddy sections, Jay's Way and some other trails I hadn't been on. We came across a guy standing on the edge of the road looking over the cliff and that can never be good news. Luckily his bike was "just over" the edge and Karna, Jennifer, me and a guy on a quad that also stopped, were able to help him pull it up. It seems like someone's always going over the side at Hollister. Kudo's to Jennifer and Heidi for Lead/Sweep/help on this 2nd ride, I sure had a lot of fun.

Chick's Rock!! When's the next ride? I hear Stonyford in our future, girls!

Natalie

jennifer

Apr 3, 2002
Shortly after arriving, we figured out that "she" had a big dirty mustache and was actually a "he" :laugh:

That is really funny!!!!!! And what a great thing.... ladies resuing a man on a steep hill!!!!! Good for you, girls!

RockyRoads

Sponsoring Member
Aug 28, 2003
GETMETOCA said:
This one girl with curly pigtails headed up the hill and took a tumble. We watched as she got her bike turned around, remounted then faceplanted on the way back down. I couldn't sit by anymore, and neither could RockyRoads, so we hiked up the steep face of the hill to help her out. Shortly after arriving, we figured out that "she" had a big dirty mustache and was actually a "he". [. . .] Holy crap, that was funny.

Natalie, I still bust out laughing whenever I recall the shock of seeing that guy's mustache and beard! Thank you for being such a great organizer and for bringing treats for everyone. You did a wonderful job as sweep too--always rushing to get off your bike and help whoever was in need!

I had such a blast on Saturday! What an incredible experience of riding with so many women who LOVE to ride and who ride WELL! :aj: Rock on! I'm proud to know each one of you! And you can definitely count me in for a ride at Stonyford!

And a special thanks to Jennifer (again) for getting me out of a pickle on Jay's Way. :worship:

Kimmylion

Dec 14, 2004
mudmaiden said:
Does anyone have any pics, I would love to get some. Lisa.

I have a few, but since I haven't got the extra $20 for membership yet...I can't post them here. I'm still working on this whole digital thing. Unfortunately I didn't get any real action shots because I was too busy trying to keep up with ya'all. :worship: LOL Kim

Okay, lets try this http://photobucket.com/albums/v633/Kimmylion/

Last edited:

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
I posted Kimmylion's pics on BARF (added to hammera's thread).

The Ant

Jan 3, 2002
Thanks for posting the pictures, was fun to see all the familiar happy faces. I made it out riding here in Oregon at least and got some snow practice in - ready for Moonrocks now!!!
-SusanP
CRF250x

2pegasus

Dec 7, 2004
Hi Guys,
Just wanted to say it was fun seeing ya'll that were at the ranch and meeting new women riders.I was sorry we couldnt have stayed the whole day.

Hey Natalie.. thanks for the "chick packs" that was cool. I stil have mine in my backpack.. it looks almost to cute to open..pink ribbon et all !

Now it everyones turn to come visit Oregon.. Yes?

Great pix ! Thanx!

FireLily

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
Sorry, it's a little late, but it was very nice meeting you all at Hollister.
Natalie, Tami, Jennifer, thank you for your thoughtful birthday presents.
I hope to get together with you all again!!
Mini

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom