Chick's Ride - January 22nd @ Hollister

kdx200chick

Mar 27, 2004
RockyRoads said:
Hi, Petra! I know that you have to leave at noon. I'll plan on being there at 9:00 too. If others still want to meet at 10:00, maybe you and I can get an early ride in. The day will be so much fun!
Kathy

Hey Kathy,

I heard from RickyD and he's going to be there with Kawidude around 7 or 730. Let's try to leave our houses at the crack of dawn for an even earlier ride w/ them. Then we can meet up with the rest of the girls for our ride :yeehaw:
Petra

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Hey, if we all want to forgo the Breakfast at Jerry's part, we can all try to meet up earlier at Hollister? How does everyone feel about moving the meeting time to 8:00 am or 8:30 at the OHV? Breakfast on your own?

mudmaiden

Jun 15, 2001
Maybe someone could sweet talk one of the rangers into letting our group all make it in?
I will try to get early relief, but when emergencies happens, i cant just leave. i am going to pray that we have a quiet nite! If i am running late, i have a teal green chevy half ton,w/a xr400. pray or send your positive thoughts for me to have a quiet nite !!! this sounds so great, i cant wait to meet you gals,lisa.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
mudmaiden said:
Maybe someone could sweet talk one of the rangers into letting our group all make it in?
I will try to get early relief, but when emergencies happens, i cant just leave. i am going to pray that we have a quiet nite! If i am running late, i have a teal green chevy half ton,w/a xr400. pray or send your positive thoughts for me to have a quiet nite !!! this sounds so great, i cant wait to meet you gals,lisa.

Lisa - I will let the Ranger know that we have a group ride.

(And that a kickass group of chicks like us should get special treatment ;) )

WoodsChick

Apr 16, 2002
Karna&Justin said:
If we get turned around at the gate we can head down to clear creek. I know how to get there but we would need an official tour guide. No matter how many times we ride there, I get turned around. I know some of the trails...we could do the same 10-15 miles over and over and over again! Tami, would you be up for it? Karna

Oh, I would be SO up for Clear Creek! I like it much better than Hollister, but I'm sure we'll all be ok if we get there early enough. The simple fact that we need to get there early in order to just get in the gate is one of the reasons I like Clear Creek better.

Also, Hollister might be an easier place to keep a large group of riders with varying skill levels all together.

But if you can get a weekend free in the near future, Karna, I'd love to go to Clear Creek with you. I need to get a long grueling ride in here pretty quick if I have any hopes of making it out of AZ alive. Wanted to go to the desert outside Carson but too much snow, so I've heard.

Tami-

WoodsChick

Apr 16, 2002
Oh yeah, I'll try to be there the night before. I'm assuming we can't camp at Radio Ridge? If not, we'll probably be at Walnut Camp just below. I'll be in my new Chevy camper van. You'll know it when you see it; it's a huge white and tan extended- body van and it's got windows in the top. It looks like a van conversion on steroids ;)

I'll probably be riding my CR125, it's black with red and white flames. With any luck, I might be on a red GG EC250 with gold Ohlin's forks. You'll know it's me if my feet are dangling about 16" above the ground.

See y'all soon!

Tami-

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Kav said:
I'm a go for sure. I got an orange sticker for my bike :p

see you all there

What time you plan on bein there Kav? I should be there between 7-730am, i drive a 2003Nissan Frontier 4 door, I will have a brown trailer w/a kx250 & 125 plus possibly a yzf250
Rick

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
I've changed the "Official" Meeting Time to 8:30 a.m. to ensure that we get into the park. Karna and I will show up around 8 AM with Starbucks in hand :)

We will be in my Silver Yukon. We're caravaning with Kav in his white pickup

2002 GasGas200EC
2002 KTM400EXC

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
RickyD, I'll be bringing GETMETOCA's bike around 8AM. I'll be driving a '03 White Edge ford ranger with a black and sliver YZ250, and a '02 KTM400.

Kimmylion

Dec 14, 2004
hammera said:
Greetings!
If you-all will have me, I'd like to come on the ride Sat. I'm on a little bike (TTR125) - hopefully I won't be too much of an anchor. ;)
Cheers! (and, btw - it is so VERY cool to see women who ride actually posting about, well.... RIDING!!!)
-tamara (aka "BigMeanTam" in other parts...)

Hey Tamara! Don't wimp out now...I'll be your anchor buddy on my 230. LOL I was feeling a little iintimidated....but determined.

Now I'm just worried how I'm going to get up that early in the morning and load up. I live in an apartment and I now see that I am going to have to bring it in the livingroom under the cover of darkness so I can load up on time. Storage doesn't open that early.

Kim

hammera

Jan 17, 2005
Kimmylion said:
Hey Tamara! Don't wimp out now...I'll be your anchor buddy on my 230. LOL I was feeling a little iintimidated....but determined.

Now I'm just worried how I'm going to get up that early in the morning and load up. I live in an apartment and I now see that I am going to have to bring it in the livingroom under the cover of darkness so I can load up on time. Storage doesn't open that early.

Kim

Awesome! :-) (And no worries -I'm not wimping out, just sounds like most everyone's better / on bigger bikes than me.... ;) I just don't want to slow people down)

BTW - I went down to Hollister yesterday afternoon to get a quick ride in and the top/ridge trails are getting pretty dang dry...... if we don't get any rain between now and Sat. it's probly going to be pretty dry up on top.

Should be fun (I'm working on recruiting more girls...)

-tamara

jennifer

Apr 3, 2002
Wow this post is getting long! I rode Hollister last Sat and also yesterday. They did close the gate early on Sat but as a late riser... the gate was back open by two when we arrived. Yesterday, we were there around 10am and all was well.... not a weekend though. I'll be there around 8am or shortly after... always difficult to get moving that early!

Amber Farris

Mar 14, 2003
hammera said:
Awesome! :-) (And no worries -I'm not wimping out, just sounds like most everyone's better / on bigger bikes than me.... ;) I just don't want to slow people down)

BTW - I went down to Hollister yesterday afternoon to get a quick ride in and the top/ridge trails are getting pretty dang dry...... if we don't get any rain between now and Sat. it's probly going to be pretty dry up on top.

Should be fun (I'm working on recruiting more girls...)

-tamara

I invited one other girl and she rides a TTR125 too. Actually, she is the only time I have actually rode with a female dirt biker. I met her off of the TT and I have ridden with her once. She had no problems keeping a good pace and climbing every hill on that bike. Her handle on TT is Chick66 and her name is Sharon.

Well, I have my forks torn appart and hopefully my seals get here sometime today or tomorrow so I can put them in. It's looking hopeful. I have never ridden in an all females group, let alone a group this big. This might get tricky. I can't wait, I am so exited. :yeehaw:

JRambo426

Jan 19, 2005
I am KenpoGirls brother-in-law anybody who comes up sat. is more than welcome to ride with us if we make it up there.I just love to ride does'nt matter what skill level at all as long as i am riding were good to go.So come on up and say hi lets go for a little ride I am getting to know hollister pretty well these days.

FireLily

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
Ellen (Pegasus) and I are planning to be there at 8 AM. We are driving a white 4-door GMC with two CRF250Xs on it.
Mini

Amber Farris

Mar 14, 2003
Well ladies, I don't know if I'll still make it. I got my fork seals and dust seals yesterday evening, and I am postivite they are the wrong ones. :bang: The seals they sent are quite a bit smaller than the one in there and the bushings look different. I already have gotten the fork torn apart. I ordered the stuff on Sunday and it shipped out Mon. I am going to call the company and confirm that this is the wrong and see if they can get the right part to me by tomorrow, but I am not hopeful that any company would want to foot expense of overnight shipping charges. There is one other local shop that may be able to get them by tomorrow but at this point it can go either way. I swear, anytime I need parts in a crunch I am always sent the wrong part. :think: Oh well, I will let you ladies know tomorrow if I will make it.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Does anyone have a loaner bike for Kenpogirl? I just sold off my 250, that would have been a great one to loan out :(

jennifer

Apr 3, 2002
hammera said:
Greetings!

I'm brand new on DRN - what a cool site! Found out about the Girls ride from a post by JoeBar (Pierre, yes?) over on BARF.

[...]

-tamara (aka "BigMeanTam" in other parts...)
Hello Tamara!
Yes it is Pierre but I am known as Jennifer's husband on DRN... :laugh: :laugh: :joke:

Pierre

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
FireLily said:
Ellen (Pegasus) and I are planning to be there at 8 AM. We are driving a white 4-door GMC with two CRF250Xs on it.
Mini

Howdy Jennifer, Ellen -n- Mini, Cathy, Natalie, and eveyrone else!

Just so you guys know... you're killing Susan up here in Oregon. :)

She just sent me email asking if I could get Friday and Monday off of work so we could drive 1400 miles so she could go dirt-biking with her buds :ride:

I can't. She then asked how I felt about quitting my job so we could go riding with you guys. (big grin)

Can't make this one -- so please do a cool ride report-n-pics and we'll try to catch your next one!

Or at least in Reno at Moonrocks! :yeehaw:

(I have Sabbatical this summer -- will be off work from July through September -- so maybe we could come down and do some riding, eh! )

Cheers! - RandyB

The Ant

Jan 3, 2002
Yeah, you guys can do all the foot work on this one and have a repeat ride sometime soon, eh???

Have fun out there, will be thinking of you all!

-SusanP.
CRF250x

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Have you considered flying in Susan? If we can score you a bike?

WoodsChick

Apr 16, 2002
GETMETOCA said:
Does anyone have a loaner bike for Kenpogirl? I just sold off my 250, that would have been a great one to loan out :(

I will probably be bringing my Pampera. K-girl is more than welcome to ride it. It is all in one piece, everything's working, and as far as I know nothing is falling off at the moment :think: It ain't no KTM200, but it does a pretty good job of hauling my butt all over the west.

Oh, I get dibs on the Pampera, though, if we do Troll Trail ;)

Let me know if we need it for sure and we'll load it up.

Tami-

Top Bottom