XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Okay, I was just thinking about how dominant Bradshaw was in '92, winning 9 of the 16 events, and then melting down in the final race at the LA Colisseum to hand the championship over to Stanton.

I wonder if Reed wins the SLC round if he can get in RC's head enough to have Ricky suffer the same meltdown?

Also, wasn't Bradshaw running the #4 that year? Hmmmm . . . :think:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I think it's pretty obvious he's waaaay inside RC's head. Ricky did do the smart thing and decide to finish rather than chance a crash but you know it's got to be burining his hide :p

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
That's what I'm thinking. He can win by riding around for second, but I don't think he can do it for 2 more races. He'll either melt down or auger.

If he can ride around for second and win the title, I'll have new respect for him, since it'll show that he's not only a great rider, but a smart rider.

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
Speaking of chinks in the armor, did I just hear Pred say he would have newfound respect for RC? (of course that's not the same as liking him though) I too wondered if he would be able to settle for second he wwants to dominate so bad. Maybe Stanton remembers 92 as well and is whispering in Rick's ear. :debil: Good racing though isn't it? :thumb:

Philip

Dirtweek Junkie
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 15, 2002
Originally posted by BEEF706
Speaking of chinks in the armor, did I just hear Pred say he would have newfound respect for RC?

I was thinking the same thing. Pred might be melting and showing his softer side :p

You should have thought about that one before you typed, you know we gonna ride ya for that. :laugh: :laugh:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I know where XRP is coming from. I don't "like" RC because he can't often make a clean pass and some of his past actions in interviews but I do respect his ability, no doubt he good (and lucky). I take issue with Bubba's antics as well but I enjoy watching him ride and know he's stupid fast. I'd be glad to hang out with either one of them and learn, just don't ask for me to cheer them on. :)

Oh and don't expect me to like the stupid sideways rapper ball cap bit either.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
agreed Pat. What the hell is up with the sideways ball cap? I mean, I can understand backwards (keeps the sun off your neck), but sideways? Looks like a Doofus to me.

I may respect RC, but I'll never "like" him. Same goes for Stewart. Too many antics.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
I think RC is smart enough to go for 2nds and win the title-i think he will hate it, but will grit his teeth and hope he has the speed out-doors to unhindge Reed.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I don't think anyone can deny Reed's talent ... he's got MC's style and control and is faster than he looks, while RC looks faster than he is :) If you could choose who's style to emulate, it's gotta be Reed's.

All that being said, I'd agree RC will do what it takes to win the series. But BOTH CR and RC better enjoy it while they can... 2004 looks to be a new era IMHO. And who knows, maybe Travis settles down?

Looking forward to the Nationals!!! SX is cool, but I just can't get into it like the Nats.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
A few weeks ago (it was either St. Louis or Houston), RC took a soil sample. He clearly backed down for a safe second instead of risking the championship by attempting to catch Reed. Ricky is already riding smart, but is it enough for the XR Predator to show him some love? :confused:

The championship is RC's to lose. Unless Reed hires Mike LaRocco Sr. to be Ricky's mechanic ;) , RC will win another title.

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
Let's throw Jean Michel Bayle and Guy Cooper into the mix, and see what happens. :)

I sure hope that Reed wins SLC, it will make for a dramatic ending. I wouldn't be surprised to see blue bikes being rolling roadblocks for RC, or even a blue-bike-induced first turn pileup. Not that I condone such activities but ya never know what will happen, and how bad Yamaha wants to win.

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Originally posted by Camstyn
I wouldn't be surprised to see blue bikes being rolling roadblocks for RC, or even a blue-bike-induced first turn pileup. Not that I condone such activities but ya never know what will happen, and how bad Yamaha wants to win.

Watch the Dallas SX if you can. There looked to be some of this going on to me towards the end (maybe lap 17).

****Spoiler Alert (do NOT read the below if you wish to see the SX on tv for yourself and don't want to know the ending)*****

To me it clearly looked like the Yamaha rider let Reed by and took RC's line in a corner. This was right before the big triple and RC got a good look at him in the air. That seemed to be when he gave up and rode for 2nd.

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
Originally posted by yzguy15

To me it clearly looked like the Yamaha rider let Reed by and took RC's line in a corner. This was right before the big triple and RC got a good look at him in the air. That seemed to be when he gave up and rode for 2nd.

It sounded that way from Holley calling the race on the live webcast, but I am waiting to judge for myself when I watch the race this weekend.

motomike137

Nov 21, 2001
Reed may have opened the door here. I think there are a couple guys who can hang outdoors as well. RC is an animal outside but who knows what will happen if someone consistently races withhim in the Nationals also. As we all know it is a huge mental game for these guys at theit level. I'm still holding ou hope that Travis will get it right once and for all and be a serious contender. I'm really looking forward to KW being back out there also!

Philip

Dirtweek Junkie
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 15, 2002
I'm with Okie, I can't really get into SX like I do with the Nats. The worst thing that can happen outdoors is for RC to get the holeshot at Glenn Helen and check out. That will get into all the riders heads..here he goes again. That kind of mental edge with the heat and ruggedness of the outdoors tracks will wear down those fast guys in a hurry.

Randy I thought the same thing that maybe RC saw they were going to make it hard for him to pass and he might have to go over the edge to catch reed so he just backed off. Can't wait to see it.

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
Nationals approximate something us mortals can do. I've ridden Hangtown's track during the CMC Golden States, but I can barely walk a SX track. That's why watching the Nationals is so cool, we can visualize being out there and having a blast. :thumb:

motomike137

Nov 21, 2001
The Nationals are the big show for those of us who also participate as racers. The stadium series is nice and flashy and draws in some interest from outside the sport but it is somewhat of a circus sideshow. I think if you took one of the big city supercross fans out to Red Bud for instance it would blow their mind. The atmosphere, the huge track, the picnic style seating on the hills. And when they see RC whip it 30 or 40 ft off the ground over LaRoccos leap or go up the hill to the big monza turn with the throttle pinned in 5th and the bike bucking I'll bet they would be speechless. I've been goin for 25+ years and I'm still in awe!

Jon K.

~SPONSOR~
Mar 26, 2001
Originally posted by XRpredator
If he can ride around for second and win the title, I'll have new respect for him, since it'll show that he's not only a great rider, but a smart rider. [/B]

Perhaps "disciplined" would be a good word.

Ricky has got to be hating all this. It would not surprise me if he threw caution (and potentially his championship) to the wind, pulled out all the stops, and rode to win from this point on.

motomike137

Nov 21, 2001
I disagree with that. RC will take it out to his limit and try to win but he will not throw the title away on a whiskey throttle incident. He will swallow his pride and take the big check IMHO.

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
Brock Sellards was the culprit in allowing Reed to pass, and holding Ricky up. I think it was intentional, and not too sportsman-like. :(

And Im no RC fan. :)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom