rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
Okay, I am sitting here nursing my wounds from last weekend. Not as bad as my New Year's crash but the right side of my body is rather bruised and battered.

Where I ride it is mostly rock. Like a big giant rock that is a couple thousand feet tall and is littered with fist size pebbles that have broken off it. Sharp jagged ridges. Drop off that give the trail a stair step configuration.

When I fall in a sand wash or even dirt I generally just pick the bike up and get going. When I fall in the rock I tend to lay there for a few minutes taking inventory and waiting for the vital parts to start responding again.

Where I have protection has fared pretty well. So far, no head injuries, and the bulk of the chest and back have been unscathed. Since New Year's I have been wearing knee pads so this time I was fine from the knees down.

The riding pants have thin pads that cover the hip bone. It is a little sore but not bruised.

From the waist up the rib cage has some major road rash. Forearms are a bit scratched up. My thighs, however, look like some artist went to work on them with a lot of purple paint.

At 51 years old I am not healing from these injuries like I used to. I either need to learn to ride better, quit following my son or get better armor. The first isn't likely, the second undesired so I am hoping on the third.....

I don't want to end up looking like the Pillsbury Dough boy, however.

So, what does everyone else wear when they ride?

Rod

killerkx

Mar 12, 2007
i dont know about that... im in LFA and i have a ton of rocks... but they are just large chunks of lime stone or a tone of mixed shell, stone falling on shells hurts pretty bad, their is a lot of slicing with shells!!

Top Bottom