Clear Ceek This Weekend Anyone? Dec 14 or 15

dp400

Aug 8, 2001
I have been watching the weather for this weekend and looks like the only place that will be dry enough to ride will be Clear Creek. I don't know it very well but if someone does and wants to hook up let me know.

Thanks Dan

fremontguy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 1, 2000
I know a few trails there and just got one of the new trail maps. Could meet at Oak Flat, Sunday 9ish if weather isn't too wet.

dp400

Aug 8, 2001
Freemont Guy

I'm game. I have no idea where Oak Flat is though. Which way do you go to CC? If you go through the town of Hollister maybe we could meet up there and I can follow you in.

Dan dpsul @attbi.com

fremontguy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 1, 2000
Dan, sent you an e-mail with directions. Could meet in front of Jerrys/Hollister @ 8 Sun. Oak Flat staging area is about 5 miles down Clear Creek Rd. Weather calls for a new S-12 :cool:

WRSTEVE

Jun 19, 2002
It would be great to meet you guys up there, and I know it pretty well, I think it's just going to rain way too much on Sat. Maybe next trip? or maybe meet out in Hollister during the week sometime? Have fun :)

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
If the sun suddenly pops out and stays out all day Saturday, I might meet you guys at Jerry's on Sunday morning. (fingers are crossed)

dp400

Aug 8, 2001
Kawidude

I've been watching the weather at CC all day on offroadrider.com and it looks like MOST of this storm is going to stay No. of CC. It just started (2:00) to get LIGHT rain. If it gets a lot of rain on Sat. or if it looks like Sun. is going to get a lot of rain I'm sure we will not be going. Stay tuned!

Dan

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
Awesome. I'll keep checking back here to see if the trip is a go.

dp400

Aug 8, 2001
3:00 CC forcast for Sun just went from lt. rain to cloudy with light rain for Sat. Could be great conditions if it stays this way.

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
Any updates on the Clear Creak weather? I'm in Hollister and the sun just poked through the clouds this morning (8:30am). The rain stopped here yesterday evening. Are you guys still planning on going out?

dp400

Aug 8, 2001
I guess it is a wait and see situation. It sounds like we all want to ride. Forcast calls for Lt, rain and wind today at CC with AM showers tomorrow. If it stays light I'm still up for it. The No. bay area is going to get hit hard today at noonish. Keep your fingers crossed!

Dan

WRSTEVE

Jun 19, 2002
I took a quick ride around 11:00 a.m. in Santa Nella, wanted to see how big the gray wire helped, then the wind kicked up pretty hard. it's about 2:00 PM. The storm is ready to hit me here in Los Banos.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
It's Blowin' and Goin' here in Modesto but not TOOOOO much rain. Apparently we got the rain last night or the night before because when I came home from my 3-day trip to Chicago, my garage ceiling had caved in from the leak in my roof. Nothing fell on the bikes :) I must be getting calmer in my thirties because when I saw it this morning, I just took another sip of coffee and turned around and went back inside the house. I'll deal with it later.

Well, if you guys ride, have fun!

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Have fun out there.. RIght now in the Bay Area it is WINDY and WET!! Haven't seen it this bad in a long time..
Rick

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
It's looking pretty ugly in Hollister right now. I think I'll pass on the Clear Creek ride tomorrow. It's very windy and the rain started pouring down again. I'd love to hook up with a few people when the weather gets better though. Maybe New Year's?

fremontguy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 1, 2000
I'm still up for the CC ride if anyone else is interested. Got trick Ace hardware poncho ready to go.

MR.WR

Apr 7, 2000
Les,

Is there anyting that keeps you off the trails????

It is raining cats and dogs up here in Lodi......

Have fun, be safe

RIck

fremontguy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 1, 2000
Looks like I might have to submit to the dreaded"mall shopping" instead :ugg:  A week without riding is like a day without Hostess cupcakes.

WRSTEVE

Jun 19, 2002
Originally posted by GETMETOCA
It's Blowin' and Goin' here in Modesto but not TOOOOO much rain. Apparently we got the rain last night or the night before because when I came home from my 3-day trip to Chicago, my garage ceiling had caved in from the leak in my roof.

Sorry to hear about what happen Nat. I gues i'm luck the rain did not hit too hard over here.

I'm still up for riding tomorrow , only if it's not raining. :)

this is the time of year when I wished I had a spare quad in the garage :D

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
So how was it out there guys? Looked like a pretty bad day. Of course, you were riding and I wasn't, so your day was better than mine.

fremontguy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 1, 2000
You folks missed out on a awesome day of central Cal. riding. Sprinkles in am, clouds & fog in pm. Ticky, tacky and some velcro like conditions :) Dan and I tore it up on the 450's with hills, 2-track, and un-marked gnarly single-track. Fun stuff and only 2+ hour drive.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom