"REV"

Uhhh...
Mar 5, 2007
When you guys say " get a 4t, not a 2t" I understand you mean 4 stroke and 2 stroke.

But why not 4s and 2s? What does the "t" stand for, as it obviously does not stand for "stroke"

internet dirtbike lingo newbie.

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
I've always used the 4s/2s terminology, and never got blasted, I think you're ok

but, I also refer to classes as the 250 or 450 class, not the lite nor supercross

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Based on another recent thread I saw on the same topic............T stands for turd and/or troll.

Take your pick..........

:)

CRazy250

May 28, 2006
REV said:
When you guys say " get a 4t, not a 2t" I understand you mean 4 stroke and 2 stroke.

But why not 4s and 2s? What does the "t" stand for, as it obviously does not stand for "stroke"

internet dirtbike lingo newbie.

so people could start threads on this?.....lol

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
REV said:
But why not 4s and 2s?
Those that ride thumpers tend to recommend thumpers, smokers recommend smokers. Most think that their preference is the best choice for everybody. Those people are unfortunately wrong. Both 2 and 4 strokes have their advantages and disadvantages. Your question should be, "why would a 4-stroke better suit my needs?"

Uchytil

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 29, 2003
Huh?

FruDaddy said:
Those that ride thumpers tend to recommend thumpers, smokers recommend smokers. Most think that their preference is the best choice for everybody. Those people are unfortunately wrong. Both 2 and 4 strokes have their advantages and disadvantages. Your question should be, "why would a 4-stroke better suit my needs?"

If yo read his thread you'd see it had nothing to do with "choice" (at least not yet since he's a noob I guess). I think the T came in because it sounds cool to some folks, lol. I've been in the engine buisness for 30 years and first saw 2T/4T in print here.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
RMZRyder said:
Hey FruDaddy you would'nt be trying to start another 4t 2t battle?
NO, not this time, just letting the OP know about the typical bias.
Uchytil said:
If yo read his thread you'd see it had nothing to do with "choice" (at least not yet since he's a noob I guess). I think the T came in because it sounds cool to some folks, lol. I've been in the engine buisness for 30 years and first saw 2T/4T in print here.
Actually, I did read the whole thread, but replied only to the OP's original question which was
why not 4s and 2s?
and misread it 3 times, only to see it correctly while re-reading this very post. Originally, I reads it as
why 4s not 2s?
In the context of the question as I misread it, he wants to know why he keeps reading recommendations that people get 4 strokes. I answered that question by explaining the inherent bias that most people have toward the configuration that they ride.

About the 2T, I think the first place that I ever saw that was on a bottle of oil, but I have no idea who came up with "T" or why. Maybe 2s/4s just sounded too plural. :nod:

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
Wow, dyslexia strikes again. I just noticed my misreading of the part that even I quoted. Sobriety sucks, bring on the weekend. Sorry.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
FruDaddy said:
Actually, I did read the whole thread, but replied only to the OP's original question which was In the context of the question, he wants to know why he keeps reading recommendations that people get 4 strokes
well, I'm no English major, but I coulda been a drum major, and I believe he wondered "why not 2s and 4s rather than 2t and 4t"

and, I believe if you looked at who's usually foaming at the mouth with recommendations, it'd be the two-stroke guys.

I love you

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
XRpredator said:
well, I'm no English major, but I coulda been a drum major, and I believe he wondered "why not 2s and 4s rather than 2t and 4t"

and, I believe if you looked at who's usually foaming at the mouth with recommendations, it'd be the two-stroke guys.

I love you
See above corrections.

I am a 2-stroke guy, but I know that they aren't right for everybody, and I believe it shows in the bikes that I recommend to others.

And I love you too, sometimes.

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
I always assumed that it all started with 250F (obviously F is for Four Stroke), which led to 250T (T being for Two Stroke), Then, the internet bastarization rules took affect and it came to be whatever anyone chose to type and the T's and F's got all scrambled up.

knowiam

~SPONSOR~
Oct 17, 2006

"And their Off...."

:laugh:

Ken

knowiam

~SPONSOR~
Oct 17, 2006
Moose said:
remember...preds posting in this topic.

have to keep the grammatical errors to a minimum.

"And they're off." would be the correct terminology.

That whole apostrophe stuff aludes me.... how 'bout

"Hear we go again...." :laugh:

Ken

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
knowiam said:
That whole apostrophe stuff aludes me.... how 'bout

"Hear we go again...." :laugh:

Ken
To keep it simple, remember it is a contraction, short for they are, so you replace the space and a with an apostrophe. :cool:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
remember, knowiam is being silly.

but you wood halve to spend more time around hear to here what he's saying . . .

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
kawicam250 said:
i picked it up on this site, im kind of leaning towards what VD said, but im not sure, just a habbit :) .
I always lean toward VD out of habit . . .

Top Bottom