Kawierider

Jun 7, 2001
I finally got the kDx running last weekend. I went out to practice at a local mx track (Milan In MI). I was going to set up for the choppy track and harsh breaking bumps so I would be good to compete in a hare scrambles two weeks from now.

Evidently in the third practice of the night I was riding well. I was doubling stuff, and When I came up to the tracks pair of large doubles I doubled the first one fine, the second kicker bucked my rear tire up. My cousin tells me that my front tire went right into the back of the landing, I went over the bars, and the bike landed on me.
I dont remember that, getting my bike off the track, loading it up, him driving us back to his house, talking to paramedics or telling my parents Im spending the night at his house. (which is when they picked me up). I argued with my mom about going to the hospital because I thought she was apparently trying to play mind games with me.
Apparently, the doctor diagnosed me with a closed head injury. My vision is still blury, I have a headache, and I am gaining and losing short term memory. ( I remeber things somethime and then forget them again).

What is the difference between a concussion and a closed head injury? Is it just the severity of the problem or what ? I know it is bruising of the brain but othe than that Im at a loss.
Any help would be great.
Thanks guys
Tim

dkortje

Sponsoring Member
Aug 30, 2002
You had a concussion, which is a more specific term. A closed head injury just means it happened inside your skull as Bill said. The biggest danger with concussions is re-injury, so be careful for a while, OK? :thumb:

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Must be the season for it. I just did the same thing.

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
Originally posted by dkortje
The biggest danger with concussions is re-injury

Nope, blood clots are. They can paralize you or worse. I hope you follow the doc's instructions.

Last edited:

Top Bottom