LivinLife

Oct 13, 2008
Hey i have a 2002 honda cr250r and i have been having problems with my clutch. When my bike is on the stand/ground with the engine off while putting it in 1st gear and putting the clutch in the back wheel does not turn freely, i am not sure that is supposed to happen. I thought it supposed to turn freely once the clutch is engaged but i could be wrong. When its started and i put it in first gear with the clutch in its fine. Im a little skeptical because i just changed both levers and cleaned/lubed the clutch cable at both ends. Tell me what your two strokers do in my situation.

jodyboy

Mar 5, 2008
Nothing to worry about. That's normal.

Apr 30, 2007
How often do you change your oil?

Had the same problem on a 2002 CR125, and it was because the oil had been so dirty, and the clutch plates were sticking with all of the crap that was in there.

This happened even though I had changed the oil each ride as soon as I had bought the bike.

Opened things up, cleaned out all the "gunk" from the previous owner's not changing the oil, and things worked perfectly again.

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
Sounds normal to me.

Dirt bikes don't have a lot of "clutch release". With the bike in gear and the clutch pulled in there will still be a bit of drag. The drag is worse when it is cold.

On my bike the drag is enough that I have trouble starting the bike when it is in gear. I will give it a couple of kicks and if it doesn't fire right off then I am looking for neutral or I might be there all day.

Rod

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom