jaguar

~SPONSOR~
Jul 29, 2000
South America
My bike has almost new clutch plates and I had to adjust the clutch cable for absolutely no play and yet often with the clutch fully pulled in there was some clutch drag and the bike wanted to creep forward. So I installed a washer that acts as a spacer in the clutch so that an equal amount of cable pull gives more movement in the clutch (seperating the plates). You might want to try the same fix if you have that problem. Just go to http://www.buykawasaki.com and click "see parts diagrams" and when on the final page then click "clutch" to see where this washer is located: #92022-1181 WASHER,10.2X14.5X1.0
Maybe my bike was just missing this washer. I don't remember. Maybe many KDXes are because it seems many KDXes have this problem. Of course grooved clutch housing could also contribute to this problem as well as a gearbox oil that isn't slick enough. I use MOTUL 5100 which is 15/50 and semi or full synthetic. (all others I tried left it difficult to shift). Anyway I hope this helps someone and if you have anything to add, then please do. Now my clutch fully disengages with enough spare to let there be some slack in the cable if I choose to adjust it that way. Oh, also the actuator lever on top of the right side of the cases is right at 90 degrees from the cable whereas before it was more.

Top Bottom