MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
I just got a 1996 KX60 and the bike runs awesome but the clutch is doing something I have not felt before in a bike. When I put it in first gear and let the clutch out slowly the clutch seems to grab a little then slip a little then grab again... If I let it out quickly you only feel the grab/slip a little then when it is all the way out it engages fully and will pull 195 lb me away with no problem.

What is causing this? The bike was apparantly sitting for two years unused. I need to check the tranny oil because the site glass is completely full (I don't see any air above it) I am also assuming the site glass is accurate on this bike. I do plan on draining it and just measuring out the correct amount but what is my clutch problem??

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Does anyone have any ideas? Warped plates or a worn basket? Wich one of those would feel like I discribed?

wirefryer#85

May 26, 2006
Sounds like warped plates. It would probably be good idea to pull the clutch cover and give everything a lookover. Might check the clutch basket nut or bolt for tightness.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
jason33 said:
worn basket- probably chatter marks-(grooves) in the basket, file them smooth again and go
I'm going to give that a try. On my 250 I probably wouldn't file them because of the bikes power output but on the 60 I would think that should be fine.

dezryder

Feb 23, 2006
Something to consider...

MikeT said:
I'm going to give that a try. On my 250 I probably wouldn't file them because of the bikes power output but on the 60 I would think that should be fine.

Those 60 cc bikes are little kid 500cc bikes. They rip with a 7-8 year old aboard!

Top Bottom