crazywaynz

Jun 23, 2004
IM sick of breaking clutch levers and im looking for one that dog legs in closer to my grip so i dont have to extend my finger so much. I ride a 01 KX 250. and im working on my 3rd lever ATM. Any insight as to what you may prefer or have seen would help thnx.

SpectraSVT

Apr 17, 2002
Buy an ARC lever. It has a spring that allows the lever to fold backwards instead of break. Probably the last lever you will buy for quite awhile.

Junkyard Dog

Mar 31, 2004
ASV unbreakable levers are spring loaded to fold forward so they won't break and lessen the chance of breaking your wrists on impact into a solid object. (wall, rock, tree) you get the idea.
They are pricey but worth the money.
I also use the rotater clamp so the master cyl will spin on the bars insead of breaking.
They are also ajustable, closer or farther away if you like.

http://www.asvinventions.com/index.php
www.asv-usa.com

KXTodd

~SPONSOR~
Nov 25, 2000
Try moving your levers in towards the center of the bars more. Read somewhere about having at least a 1/2" between the end of bars and end of levers, I've got mine more like an inch in and it works great, haven't broken one since I did this and have wrecked quite a bit!

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
ASV levers work very well. I crash constantly and never break them. They are fully adjustable to fit you right. I also mount the perch using Teflon tape to let it spin during a crash.

Shig

~SPONSOR~
Jan 15, 2004
KXTodd said:
Try moving your levers in towards the center of the bars more. Read somewhere about having at least a 1/2" between the end of bars and end of levers, I've got mine more like an inch in and it works great, haven't broken one since I did this and have wrecked quite a bit!

I've got mine moved way far in so that I'm grabbing the very end of the lever when I extend two fingers from the grip. It really helps improve your leverage on the clutch, and reduces arm pump. I've snapped two pairs of Renthalls in half, but I havn't broken a stock clutch lever or perch in years. Cut a notch in the grip's collar where the lever contacts the grip so the lever movement isn't obstructed.

Last edited:

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
buy the ARC lever, i race with Mr Dirt every week and he is a nice guy and makes the original and superior quality product- the ASV guy ripped off his idea there are quite some unsavoury rumours about his business practises.

Can Can Kev

Feb 24, 2003
go for the asv it comes with the perch and everything plus a 5 year warranty, i wrecked bad racing last year went down on the clutch side and broke the perch but left the lever un harmed, id reccomend getting an asv lever set up wit hthe rotator clams so the master cylender rotates because ive seen some people bring in som jacked up master cyclenders from crashing u dont even wanna know how much one of those are

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
OK, 1: the ARC is the original and best.

2. ARC has the lever with the rotating perch that goes back to original position.

3. By supporting ASV, you are supporting the guy that alledgedly ripped off the Over The Hill Gang racing club, and quite a few others for quite a lot of money. He also alledgedly ripped off the original design from ARC.

Mr ASV is not very popular around these parts

vic580

May 9, 2002
I have both ARC levers and clutch perch,very good quality.My brake lever also has the bearing for the master piston and I installed some 7x11x3 mm bearings in the levers,perfect! I have dealt with ASV and was not very happy. :yeehaw:

D@Z MX

Jun 29, 2004
i agree the arc is the origanal go 4 that, meen while just dont do the clutch bracket up so tight and then wen u crash the whole bracket will move insted of breaking the leaver then u can just bang it back up and also wat i have done as i am exactly the same contantly snapping clutch leavers is 2 drill a tiny hole in the standard leaver just before the little ball on the end so is u fall off just thew end will snap and not ballz up your days racing or riding, hope i helped daz

D@Z MX

Jun 29, 2004
i am exactly the same mate i bet the clutch leaver industries could make a living off of me! i agree with the arc leavers they are the origanals and the best but meen while wen u have your stock leaver on try drilling a small hole just before the ball on the end of the leaver as if u fall of it will snap just the ball off and not ballz up ur days racing or riding! also another tip is 2 not have the clutch bracket up so tight as if u fall then just the bracket will move and the leaver wont snap then all u will have 2 do is nok ur bracket bak up, hope i helped daz

Can Can Kev

Feb 24, 2003
well u have your reasons for not supporting it and i have my opinions , but i dont know first had or was affected by it,i support them because thats what we sell at the shop i work at shop which i sell to people which helps the buisness i work for, the asv lever is a very good product and have had good results using them, yes arc has that featurethat rotates aroundbut they do not offer any rotating protection for the master cylender which in my mind is very vulnerable to damage... there are many companys that come out with products similar to those its called competitive buisness asv offers many other products i liek and use liek the y handle... when 2 companys battle back and forth trying to out do one another the people that benifit are the consumers them selves because they end up with a better product in the long run ...

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom