clutch nut removal

pro2k

Nov 7, 2002
Do you need a special tool to remove the clutch nut? My book says something about a special tool to hold the inner hub while removing the nut. Can something else be used besides a special order tool?

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
strap

hey pro thanks for the jetting specs the other day.

I used one of those strap wrenches from craftsman worked perfectly and isnt a waste bcuz you can use it all over, by the next time you need a basket tool it will probably been lost

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/sear...word=strap+wrench&displayTarget=searchresults

that is the link but you can prob get at autozone also for maybe 4 buck i would think since i got one in a toolkit from opening a checking account

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
oh yeah

havent been into the 03 this worked on the 88

bedell99

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2000
On my cr250, I use an impact gun. Works perfect, both putting it on and taking it off. I have an air and also a cordless/battery and actually perfer the cordless. I bought it at checkers for $40.00.

Erik

Reesknight

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2002
Seems like I used to put plastic handled toothbrush or a copper penny in between the drive gears to help hold it but an impact gun works best.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…