SZKIRM125

Jun 10, 2010
I am replacing my clutch basket on my RM125 and i would like to buy new clutch plates, friction plates, and springs. I came across these on Rocky Mountain, Tusk Clutch Kit
would these be a good buy for the basket.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I know a few folks that have been quite happy with them in other brands of bikes.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Not wiseco or hinson, and neither are the prices! And yet, way better than stock. I heard tell even the "magnum" brand hubs and basket are better than stock, and made in the U.S.A.! It may not be what the pros are running, and I am no pro, with an open bank account! Who makes the best plates for RM's Chili, is the next question? And change the oil frequently. Vintage Bob

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
tusk kits are great! I have used them on 125s -250fs up to 450s without issue. I usually go buy new OEM springs though. Dont trust aftermarket springs as they sack very quickly unless you buy the expensive ones like the PC or hinson springs.

SZKIRM125

Jun 10, 2010
I dont race or nothing i just ride at tracks and fields so the clutch isnt hammered too hard. I will buy them and see what they do. :nod:

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
SZKIRM125 said:
I have another question what would be a good clutch basket?

Since I've already mentioned what we used for best results in multiple RM125's I'll take this question as "what is a cheaper clutch basket than a Hinson?"

Since you don't feel you are going to hammer the clutch and are obviously looking at budget solutions (not saying I blame you) I would scour E-Bay and just buy the cheapest NEW not used basket of any brand you can find. To save you the next question Suzuki used the same clutch basket in the RM125 from 1992-2008 so any year will work.

SZKIRM125

Jun 10, 2010
Thanks and yea mainly i have a tight budget with only about $320 to get my clutch together and thanks il give it a look.

SZKIRM125

Jun 10, 2010
I might just buy the kit without springs and get just the plates and use the springs on the bike now. I used calipers and they seem to be just find.

SZKIRM125

Jun 10, 2010
Chili said:
Just keep in mind if you don't hammer the clutch as you said earlier there is a reason the plates wore out.

I never rode the bike i dont know how the people before me rode it and the plates dont look bad im just getting new ones when i get the new basket.

SZKIRM125

Jun 10, 2010
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Just the basket notched up good? Not the broken stud that holds the spring? There are no dents where the metal plates hit the inner hub? The hubs are fine?

The inner hub is fine but the basket is real notched up. Im just getting new plates and a basket.

SZKIRM125

Jun 10, 2010
Yea i saw that, there was one Magnum for only like $150 and that is cheap compared to a hinson or moose. Are the magnums any good, have any of you guys used one?

Top Bottom