poobag

Jul 10, 2002
Ive got a problem that is really ticing me off. My clutch on my 2000 RM 125 keeps on engaging abruptly whenever I release the clutch lever. Its a problem because whenever I want to try some low speed wheelies, the only option I got is to dump the thing. In other words, it dosent engage smoothly. I heard someone saying that the clutch basket can be pulled out and can be filed on the teeth. Is this correct? Im not a rich bastad, so I dont want to go out and buy a brand new clutch basket. Can anyone help?

1999RM125

Mod Ban
Apr 1, 2002
yes my RM clutch basket had very bad grooves that the plates ride in so it was an on offm, well not even off it never fuly disengaged, but anywho, yeah take it out and if its not too bad you can file them flat, but after that wears out again, im afraid you have to buy new one anyway

bruce j

Dec 14, 2001
What kind of transmission lube are you using? If it hasn't been changed for a while, get some fresh stuff in there. I have found specialty motorcycle oils give a smoother clutch feel than other types. If you do a search on this site for tranny lubes you will find a lot of info.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom