binthedirtnow

Mar 29, 2005
OK guys I really need your help. Yesterday I finally got to ride my 2002 KX125a bit harder than since I have bought it. After doing a piston break-in, I started to get a grinding sort of noise when I pulled in the clutch and started to go from a stop in first gear. No noises while idling or revving in neutral, though. Only when taking off while letting the lever out to go from a stop in first. It even got to the point that If I slipped the clutch a little too much and didn't get going fast enough, it would make the noises and seemed like it wouldn't release completely by pulling in the lever and actually stalled the engine!!! So, I took the clutch apart tonight, and.....everything looks brand new !! No chatter grooves on nthe basket that I could feel with my finger tip or anything. No chafe marks on the any of the plates, plates not worn down, no burn marks. So I am baffled!!! Maybe the springs are worn?? Does anyone know the free length for the springs on a 2002 kx125?? Also, in the owners manual it said to use a 10-40wt motorcycle motor oil, so I have been using castrol actevo 10-40wt oil for my last couple of rides. Is this oil not good for the clutch?? Please help !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ohmy:
B.

Top Bottom