Apr 13, 2009
hey, i took off my clutch assembly, 15 plates, 8 clutch 7 friction plates, after i took them all off, went down to order a new one, the guy i bought it from said that they go on a certain way, otherwise the bike will not work. i had no idea of this when i took it off. does anyone know how to put it on the right way so the bike will work? any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Same way you took them off..

You should actually have one more friction plates than you have steels...

Put in a friction first, then steel, repeat until you are done. Your last plate should be a
friction. when you lay the pressure plate on, it should lay against the last friction. No space..

Replace the springs & retainer bolts. and you are done.

In the future, when you disassemble something that has to be reassembled a certain way, it's a good idea to take pictures during the disassembly, so that you can refer back to them as you go. Makes life a little bit easier.

Apr 13, 2009
yeah i kept all of them in order when i took them off one by one, then zip tied them in that order, but mine was clutch, friction, clutch and so on...my first plate i took off was a clutch. but a guy told me that the plates have to be put on a certain way otherwise the bike won't work, what i thought he meant was a certain way other than the order? but it just goes the same way i took them off??

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
braaabraaacr250 said:
yeah i kept all of them in order when i took them off one by one, then zip tied them in that order, but mine was clutch, friction, clutch and so on...my first plate i took off was a clutch. but a guy told me that the plates have to be put on a certain way otherwise the bike won't work, what i thought he meant was a certain way other than the order? but it just goes the same way i took them off??

Doesn't matter what order.. So long as they alternate, and start with a friction plate.

The fibers (or cork lined plates) are the frictions. The smooth metal plates are steels.

As long as you put them back in the same order you took them out, you'll be fine.

Top Bottom