cooldude

May 7, 2007
ok i have a 81 yamaha yz 250 do i need to split the case to adjust the clutch or replace it how much is a cable? i really need help

note im 16 and my dad knows squat about clutches

Last edited:

Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
No you dont need to split the case. There is a cover on the right side take that off and it will reveal the clutch.

Im not usre how much a cable costs but it cant be that much.

Bunya

Apr 26, 2007
There is no need to take anything off the engine just to adjust your clutch. It's normally adjusted at the lever end. Some might have an additional barrel that can be adjusted somewhere along it's length. On some bikes the internal pushrod can be adjusted, but I believe it's more common to street rather than dirt bikes. The cable for your bike is $21.18 from BikeBandit. If adjusting the cable doesn't cure your problem, then you will need to pull the clutch cover and inspect your clutch to find out what's wrong.

Marc -

jason33

Oct 21, 2006
a new cable from dennis kirk is around 10-15-there made by motion pro-
if the fiber plates are wore out replace them there what goes bad in there-,you can get most everything from dennis kirk- call get a free catalog-1-800-328-9280
you can look at the pictures at bike bandit- to see how to put it together, or get a book-

Top Bottom