coinstar...I don't get it!

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
KiwiBird said:
Best to do late at night and NOT when you are drunk.

ok.........give up the full story :boss:

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
squeaky said:
Motometal, it's pretty amusing that you call these Coinstar machines new. They have been available here in RI for at least 6 or 7 years. I've used them once or twice, but that's when I was 16 and desperate for money NOW.

Hey, did you forget already? I'm in IOWA! Heck, cabbage patch dolls are still all the rage here!

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
biglou said:
MM, you obsess about the craziest stuff. Let it go, man. It ain't worth it! You are not in control, no matter how hard you want it to be so...

Translated.....
"Hey Pot, Kettle here, guess what color you are......."

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
biglou said:
MM, you obsess about the craziest stuff. Let it go, man. It ain't worth it! You are not in control, no matter how hard you want it to be so...

I went back and re-read my original post, you've lost me, dude. I thought this might be interesting to talk about (obviously it was, quite a few people replied), plus I wanted to increase my understanding of this Coinstar unit's role in our world. As I stated, the things aren't hurting me any, maybe i'm jealous that I didn't think of the idea. I guess I wouldn't have thought people would pay that much just to change the form of their money like that, but then again I didn't realize that some banks had stopped doing it for free.

...in control of???

B

biglou

That was posted at least slightly tongue in cheek, as anyone who's ever sat around a campfire with either or both of us would know.

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Okiewan said:
It works also for the same reason "convenience" stores do... why pay $5 for something there when the same thing is available at the grocery store down the street for $3?
Now there's where I'm guilty. My wife gets pissed when I pay extra $$ for a gallon of milk or a loaf of bread. I explain that going to the store and back in 10 min is worth the extra buck or two. My sanity is well worth it. :)

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
thunder33 said:
Translated.....
"Hey Pot, Kettle here, guess what color you are......."

:rotfl:

Hey, I get paid to roll change so I'm not complaining!

Yes, my boss requires that all change from the soda machines be rolled, turned in to the bank, and handed to him in large bills. Last time I cashed in I gave him $475. :yikes: I could've used that!

Next time I'm rolling change at work I'll have to sneak my change in and do that too, nothing wrong with getting paid to roll your own money!

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001

B

biglou

I call ours "Wal-Mart". Sometimes "Wally-World". 'Blade's source is probably himself. He works at WM world headquarters. I wonder if they smell like they haven't showered in weeks there, too? Probably a 3-4 day limit (max) to work at HQ I'd bet...

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000

Biglou is correct, my source is internal information. I've seen the same figures used in different meetings I've attended. As for the smell, what smell are you talking about? :nener:

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Okiewan said:
It IS Arkansas after all .. :p

True, but with all the transplants here in NWA like myself, I always thought it was the prevailing west winds blowing across Oklahoma... :nener: :yikes:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Sawblade said:
True, but with all the transplants here in NWA like myself, I always thought it was the prevailing west winds blowing across Oklahoma... :nener: :yikes:
The prevailing wind in OK is from the south, smack talking Texans make for a windy state, I guess physics allows for a 90 degree turn of winds.:)
As for the Coin Stars, to each their own. I use my change mostly but when it becomes excessive, we roll it and deposit it. My wife bought her first horse trailer with coins.:fft:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…