Something great that I want to share with my DRN family.

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
About 8 years ago, my grandma got very sick. After years of caring for my grandpa who died of Parkinson's Disease, she had fallen ill to cancer and needed care, herself. I was more than willing to jump in there. I moved in with her and did what I could. But not long after moving in, she took a turn for the worse and had to go to the hospital. She asked me to stay at her house to take care of it. It was a great house. A nice little ranch in the suburbs with 4 bedrooms and a garage that motor bikers only dream about. It has a huge basement that just begs to have a musician utilize it as a studio and rec room. But alas, when she died, I was not in a place where I could buy it. I was heart broken when my parents sold it.

Sometimes I would drive by it and remember all of the good times I had there. I would be sad when they painted it a different color or made a change to it. I heard that it went up for sale and once again, I had just bought a house so I could not really buy it. I heard that the daughter of the neighbor had bought it. That was great. They were great people and to know that the house was going to a deserving family made it a little better.

Well, a few months ago, it went on the market again. Once again, newly divorced, my credit sucks and I am not ready to get it. But I want it so I decided to try. They were asking a little much for it so I made an offer. It was shot down. I was crushed again. Looks like owning this house is not in my cards.

Then the girl who owned it called me up. She said that she wants me to have the house. They have to have a certain amount out of it to pay it off though. They had to move because they have 5 kids and two of them are autistic and need a special school. I explained that my credit is blemished because of my divorce and she said that she could help me anyway. So they are renting me the house for a year until I can get a loan. But as she put it, the house is mine. She said I could do what I wanted. they did not make me pay a deposit. She knows that I am not going to destroy my grandparents' house.

So to sum it up, in my pocket right now is the key to the house of my dreams. Life does not always suck.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
That is good stuff... good luck man, I know I mess with you a lot, but seriously, that's great. Thanks for posting, I love to hear stuff like this.

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
well, I know that I post a lot being a dork or bitching about how bad life is. So I figured that I would post something positive for once. Thanks Okie!

Kevin003

Jul 5, 2005
Yeah with all this flood crap and gas prices through the roof its always nice to hear something positive. Have fun in your new house. :)

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
That's great Jamir!! PM me your new address so I can send you a housewarming gift. Don't forget to stock up on cheese! :)

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
Thanks for sharing the story! It's nice to hear truly happy stuff once in a while. Congratulations!

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Very cool stuff! Nothing feels like home like Grandma's House. :)

Speedfreek

Nov 3, 2003
Great to hear. So when do we start planning the moto track that runs around the house? :ride:

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
That's great! Congrats Jamir, you deserve it!

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Wow that's great, what a story!

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
Now that's some good Karma catching up with you dude. :cool:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Great story and great news!

Congrats!!

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
I know I've already told you, man, but this is awesome.

Things are finally falling into place. And now the Jamir Babaganoosh Experience finally has a place to practice!

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
XRpredator said:
And now the Jamir Babaganoosh Experience finally has a place to practice!

Sweet! I wanna rock out with my ---- out. :cool:

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
:cool:

Top Bottom