Comments on Woodland Park, CO area

CycleToad

Apr 23, 2001
I'm blessed to live about a mile from Pike National forest and the 717 trail network. I ride this area extensively during the week and on the weekends and I'm just curious as to how this trail network is viewed and I would welcome suggestions on other trails in the area.

W.P.EXC

Nov 30, 2000
Another one?

So there's another W.P. guy out there huh? :D I ride 717 quite a bit since it's close. I find it very fun and pretty fast! It lacks in the technical dept. though. I love riding out there during the week, but weekends can get pretty scary in the middle of the summer, too many riders! I have to admit it's pretty awesome having all these trails right in our backyard! Maybe we should ride sometime? :think

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
The week I was out there riding for the Colorado Spodefest in 98 the trails seemed wonderful.

We had the kids around, so I never ventured very far nor on really difficult trails, but I prefer the wider, faster stuff, anyway.

We were lucky enough to get a little rain each night that made traction amazing.

The only thing that sucked was the altitude. Even once I got the jetting figured out, the bikes still had much less power than at sea level.

Trev250

Jun 20, 2001
I love the Divide system because of it not being so technical. I'm not blessed with the riding skills W.P.EXC has, (yet).:p Another nice system for the more technically advanced rider is "Captain Jacks" off of Gold Camp Road. Most of the trails there are rated expert to extreme and scare the crap outta me. Not much margin for error with long steep drop offs everywhere. :scream:

MTRIDER

Aug 20, 2000
Expert Capt Jacks ? well it is tough especially the part after the steam crossing, IT IS SICk ....but I hope its in good shape Ill be there is a week or so....gonna ride Rampart, Capt Jacks, Taylor park....

Anyone else wanna ride ?

Trev250

Jun 20, 2001
Love to

When you comin out? Have'nt done any ridin on Rampart, how is it. Captain jacks isn't that bad if your an expierienced rider but I have just started ridin' again within the last few months. So it's a little to much yet. Shoot me an e-mail about when your comin' out. I'm sure EXC is probably game too.

Trailryder42

Feb 6, 2000
I agree, the WP trails are great. I've been there twice alone and then at last years COSF. I made my deepest water crossing ever there when I crossed the S. Platte river at Metberry Gultch I think it was.

MTRIDER

Aug 20, 2000
Im surprised Coloradian's talk to us Texans (Im not from Texas though, just a better paying job) atleast we arent from California ...:p

W.P.EXC

Nov 30, 2000
We love texans and californicators!!!

Actually residents from either state qualify to be ignored but since there dirt bikers we make exceptions. ;) Just kidding, half of our summer population comes from somewhere else so I guess you get used to it. We are just the lucky ones who get to live here full time. :cool:

CJ Rider

~SPONSOR~
Apr 3, 2000
'Just moved to WP and really enjoy being so dang close to all these trails! Trailryder42 (I think it's you)- Thanks so much for such a great ride on Saturday up at Taylor Park. Hope ya come up to WP again sometime!

Top Bottom