NO HAND

~SPONSOR~
Jun 21, 2000
Does anyone have tested if there is a difference in performance between the 01 and 02 model of the v-force reed cage for the cr125. I have read somewhere that the 01 model was noticeably superior to the 00 model. What about the difference between 01 and 02 ?? it makes for an expensive test.:(

Jman271

~SPONSOR~
Oct 18, 2001
The later 01-02 models are def different. I bought a 01 early in 01, and then my friend bought one later in 01 and the main diff is the opening into the reed assembly. The early 01 is square, while the later 01-02 opening actually matches up to the manifold opening on the venturi side. Other than that, they are the same. The 02 sounds like the way to go for anyone w/ an 00-01, w/ more low end punch. Good luck!

NC514

Oct 20, 2001
V-Force Power

I'm sort of confused, Does the V-force add bottom, top and or mid? Which apply? A buddy has one on his 01 YZ125 says no bottom, probably took away, I rode a KX 125 no bottom, but the guy said he "thought" his V-Force was adjustable? I have an 02 CR 125 will it give my bike more overall power or just one of the three mentioned above. Maybe it gives better throttle resonse. i talked to Eric Gorr over the phone he said something about matching a new VForce to something on my stock reed cage and putting it on a belt sander to make it match. i'm still trying to figure that one out. Don't forget my question above, about the power characteristics. :confused:

Jman271

~SPONSOR~
Oct 18, 2001
I have an 02 CR125 w/ the V-Force and it helps throttle response, low-end, mid and top. In my application, it hasn't taken anything away at all, just helped out the power delivery. I would get one for your bike. Although the 00-01 will fit, get the 02 because it is made to fit the manifold better. And they are adjustable for low/hi tension. The reed holder plate can either be flipped over, or loosened and allowed to slide up or down to allow the reeds to open sooner or later. Just leave them stock, it is the best for MX. As far as any 125 having bottom, it's not likely you will get a heck of allot of bottom end out of the bike w/o extensive porting and motorwork. Low-end is the hardest thing to get out of a 125. Per some of the reommendations from this site and my own trial and error, my best set up for my 02 at 0-1500 asl was
Stock jetting w/ VP-C12 @ 32:1 synthetic oil
V-force reed assembly
FMF-Fatty w/ Shorty
13/52 gearing, (13/51 stock)
Weisco pro-lite for better response and less noise in the engine
With these mods, you CR will def pick up a few ponies and rip. Good luck!!!

Top Bottom