MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Okay I have a weird question for you guys. Hopefully someone can help me out. As many of you may or may not know...I work retail. Actually the department manager of health and beauty aids. For the past several weeks I have had this guy coming in asking where the "Vaseline hair tonic" is. Says I have always carried it. I have been over that department for a year now, and have never heard of it. I do get a lot of older customers asking for the oddest products. Most I do not know, due to my age (no offense to anyone!). I know my department very well and know what I carry. I have looked at Meijer, K-Mart, Target and Walgreens for this "Vaseline hair tonic". Does anyone have a clue what or where this stuff is? This guy is coming in everyday saying "oh you're STILL out of it?!?!?" Ugh, I don't have a clue what it is. I tried to sell him the VO5 Hair stuff, the Brylcreme, and Groom 'n Clean. He says he wouldn't give those to his dead ex-wife. My dad doesn't use stuff in his hair (you have to have some to use it, I suppose). I don't think he's old enough to have a clue either...my grandma doesn't know and neither do the managers I work with.

Anyway, does anyone know of this product? I would be very happy to send this guy away to where it is. I've looked online for it and couldn't find it. Of course I don't know what I'm looking for either. Yeah, I know completely off topic. I wanted someone in the Michigan area to reply, since we all have the sames stores around (more or less).

Thanks in advance!

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
lol kinda what I'm thinking...his hair LOOKS like he took a jar of vaseline and smeared it all over...

BradFrost

Jan 2, 2005
Tell him Vaseline products are petroleum based and bad for you. Then sell him a set of clippers with no combs.... he doesn't deserve hair.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
What!!! I searched and couldn't find anything...it didn't help that I didn't have a clue what I was looking for. Why would anyone want to use any product called "vaseline" in your HAIR!!!

It doesn't look any different than some of the other brand stuff I carry...I have such a hard time convincing people to swtich products when something is new...Even free coupons for the product aren't good enough.

Thanks! hmm...wonder if this dude has ever heard of the "internet"....

CircuitRider

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2002
Ya gotta be really OLD

But, if your age and your B Hi Point son's ages total 102 years, you'd actually know that there was indeed a "Vaseline Hair tonic"...

It was an alcohol based tonic and I think the guy was drinkin' it...

Face it, sunshine, he's hittin' on you...

Pastor Mike AKA Circuit Rider

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
CircuitRider It was an alcohol based tonic and I think the guy was drinkin' it... Face it said:
Are you serious? Drinking the stuff???

Hittin' on me...I don't think so, I think he's senile. He never actually looks at me...just away and talks in the other direction. We get a lot of the freakish, lonely, senile people in the store. I've kinda (kinda...) gotten used to their odd ball questions on old products. um, yeah...kinda....I just want to ask some of them what rock they have been under. :coocoo:

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Just tell him that this is the end result of the over use of either VO5 or Vasoline Hair Tonic and maybe he will by into your sales pitch to try something new (C pic)..
In all actuality, I used to LOVE that "little dab'il do you" Brylcream!!!!!!!! Gosh its been a lonnnngggggg time...
Tell that yo-yo that ol' Woodsy said thanks for the mems MXgirl!!
Oh yea, gotta go with Circuit Rider on this one, he was hitting on you BIG TIME!!!!!!!
Woodsy

Attachments

• May02^62.JPG
    May02^62.JPG
    21.9 KB · Views: 114

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
woodsy said:
Tell that yo-yo that ol' Woodsy said thanks for the mems MXgirl!!
Oh yea, gotta go with Circuit Rider on this one, he was hitting on you BIG TIME!!!!!!!
Woodsy

No problem Woodsy for bringing back mems!! :laugh:

I don't understand the hitting on me thing...guess I'm too young to understand uh, great how can I say this without insulting anyone...I don't think I can..."Old man humor"...

What's up with people hittin' on me lately? Some guys MOM at work was trying to hook me up w/her loser son. Asked me if I would go out with him...she saw me at the dentist this morning. Didn't have a clue as to who she was, at first. Can't people see (or look) at the "BLING" on my finger!!

Yeah I know I don't have very "girly" hands... :ohmy:

Oh yeah, learned today that "Vitalis'" is almost the same thing as "vaseline" guess I'll tell the dirty old man that next time I see him...

Attachments

• Bling.jpg
    Bling.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
fatherandson said:
Old man humor....referring to my dad and Woodsy....now that is funny!!!

Go ahead and laugh smarty pants.. I have been taking FULL advantage of my "senior status" and getting reduced prices on EVERYTHING!!! In case you dont get that comment, this means that I have MORE $$$ to put into gas for the scoot :ride: :p :aj:
Maybe I will break 10,000 miles on my dirtbikes this year!!! You kids chew on that for a while :nener:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
INCA said:
So now we have another 50 year old juvenile.

Ya Ted, your life ain't getting any easier on those Monday or Tuesday rides now is it? Is it hard to keep 'em out of trouble?

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
woodsy said:
Go ahead and laugh smarty pants.. I have been taking FULL advantage of my "senior status" and getting reduced prices on EVERYTHING!!!

Let's see I get discounts on a lot of things...car parts, bike parts/accessories, plus my 10% at Wal-Mart...that's close to everything! At West Florida MX Park in Milton, FL, we got a discount b/c we are married.

I've got awhile before I hit the "senior" status :nener: I'm looking forward to June 11, 2007! I hit 25 and my truck insurance drops!! :laugh: It already dropped some because we have a "homeowners" policy now.

The old man wasn't in today...maybe he did find his "hair tonic" at Right Aid or Big Lots

I had to help a little old lady with her ENTIRE grocery list. She wanted to buy the bread I buy, but my bread wasn't good enough. What's wrong with the Great Value wheat bread :think:

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Vaseline Hair Tonic! :yikes:

"I'm a Dapper Dan man myself" :cool:

Yuk!

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Dapper Dan...isn't that from "Oh Brother Where Out Thou"? :think:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom