Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Could one of you puter wizards tell me how to convert a Word file over to a PDF file?

It's a computer with photos of dirt bikes and information on dirt bikes so, I guess you could say this is dirt bike related. ;)

Thank you.

Ol'89r

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Ol'89r said:
Could one of you puter wizards tell me how to convert a Word file over to a PDF file?

It's a computer with photos of dirt bikes and information on dirt bikes so, I guess you could say this is dirt bike related. ;)

Thank you.

Ol'89r

If you email it to me I can convert it for you.

patto3

Apr 8, 2006
Try saving your file, then right-clicking on it and going to "open with Adobe acrobat" or whatever it is, then save it in PDF format.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Without the full blown Adobe software, I think many machines come with Adobe Elements, which will allow Word to PDF file with just a click.

I think you can also go to the Adobe site and they will allow you to make 5 PDF's or so on the try. I think you have to download some code that embeds into Word.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
There are pdf converters available online.

The other alternative is to have the full blown adobe acrobat software suite. Then you would be able to open the file in word and "print" it to a PDF document.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Thanks fellas. :cool: I knew you guys would know. :nod:

zewcrew

Dec 5, 2006
Just an FYI... if you drop microsoft office and use openoffice, which is comparable and free, you can convert to pdf right from the file menu.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Thanks again everyone.

You guys are the best. :cool:

KX250Dad

Dec 4, 2006
If your as old as I you never had computer 101... that having been said guy's like us stumble across things in the tube by accident. If your lucky, when the document is open go to "print" which most likely shows your default printer. Suspect there may be a pull down allowing you to change printer... see if you see print- pdf distiller or print pdf. If so, choose one or the other then print.

Review the .pdf file closely, some fonts, symbols don't convert.

Good Luck... computors are one sport your better off without the manual!

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
In my "Data processing 101" class I learned to use a large machine to type in a simple math problem, which punched holes in cards. We then got to run these cards through the large room-sized data processor, which would then solve our simple math problem and provide me the correct answer! Amazing technology!

knowiam

~SPONSOR~
Oct 17, 2006
SpDyKen said:
In my "Data processing 101" class I learned to use a large machine to type in a simple math problem, which punched holes in cards. Amazing technology!
Ever drop your tray of cards on the floor? :bang: ... Great confetti from the dots :laugh:
Ken

Reesknight

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2002
ah yes, the punch card machine which processes the punch card, which is read by the new fangled computer.

Attachments

• punchcard.JPG
    punchcard.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 40
  • oldnasa.JPG
    oldnasa.JPG
    9.7 KB · Views: 40
  • cardpunch.JPG
    cardpunch.JPG
    27.1 KB · Views: 37

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom