BB007

Apr 4, 2002
Guy, it's near the end of the riding season and I had a thought. I was going to do a top end job on my KDX 200 and was thinking has anybody tried changing their 200 to a 220? This bike already has a bigger carb than the 220 so would it be practical to get a 220 cylinder and piston. How about the heads are they interchangable? What do I need to do for this conversion and is it worth it. Will the 220 parts all fit and what about jetting for the carb? Right now I have a pro circut pipe and 607 reeds along with a 155 main jet and a 45 if I remember pilot jet and the bike runs great. If I could keep the top end power and gain bottom and mid range it would be great. Does anybody have any thoughts on this matter?

23jayhawk

Sponsoring Member
Apr 30, 2002
If its time for a top end & you have no compelling reason to stay at 200cc, then consider sending your cylinder & head to Eric Gorr for 'The Treatment'. He can take it to 225cc, along with some porting enhancements that raise the entire power curve. I don't know his price for that work, but I understand it is at least competitive with the cost of a new 220cc jug from Kawasaki. And there would be no comparison in the power, I'm sure.

That's what I plan to do, once I need a top end. :thumb:

BRush

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2000
There's no need to get a 220 cylinder. With either the 225cc or the 240cc kit, you start out with the 200cc cylinder you have now. With the . 225 kit your cylinder is bored and replated. With the 240 kit, I believe a sleeve is installed.

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Call mr gorr. dittio on the 240 kit! why stop at 220. my son has a fredette 220 kit on his bike. it works fine. go with gorr's porting also! you'll love it.

Top Bottom