Aug 3, 2004
i have a lil problem with coolant constantly leaking out the overflow hose that comes out right behind the shock. if someone could pleeze tell me how to fix it, it would be gratly appreciated.

jdbrusch

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2001
If you put to much coolant into the overflow tank,the coolant will slowly make its way out the overflow tube,this is normal from all the bouncing or jumping on the trails,try to keep it at the low line instead of at the full mark when cold.I keep just under a inch in the tank and it stays about that level all the time.

Aug 3, 2004
well i dont have a manual because it didnt come with one, and ive only had er for about a month now. but i hope to find one soon, cuz im gunna be rebuilding it this winter.

matt-itude

Jul 6, 2004
gentlemen a suggestion. if you can find one of the top hat looking plugs (for a lack of a better description, you know the plastic ones that come in many colors usually shipped on all kinds of new automotive, heavy equipment, etc parts.) that will push down into the bottle under the lid. then poke a small hole in the center for it to vent through (the size of a pencil lead or smaller) then reinstall your overflow bottle lid and hose. this will keep the coolant from splashing out the overflow hose while jumping and in rough terrain. the hardest part then is slidding it back out when you are servicing your ride. but the lip along with the lid tightened down on it (the lip) should keep it from falling in side the bottle. try it you'll like it.

Top Bottom