kevinkdx

Mar 25, 2001
I recently had my entire engine "re-done" and i gto it all back together and filled up my radiator with coolant(50-50), bled the air our of the cooling system as the book explains how to do and i accidentially filled the coolant sytem up while the bike was on its side and not straight up and down so i got more coolant in the rad than i wanted, but i just left it in there. I then went for a ride and got back and there was coolant commin out of my overflow hose. I went for another ride and it did the same thing just a lot less. I checked the coolant and it is now at a good level while the bike is standing upright. so was the coolant that was coming out of there just the extra i accidentally put in the radiator or no? I had this problem before but i lost coolant after every ride and ti was the head gasket. I think now it is just the extra that was in there.:aj:

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
As the coolant heats up it expands and takes up more space so some will escape. When the rads are filled when the system is cool the excess coolant escapes via the vent hose. Watch the coolant level for a couple rides to be on the safe side but chances are really good the coolant you noticed was only the excess and the level will remain constant now.

David

Top Bottom