Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Due to the lack of rain the Corona Spring ride almost didn't happen. Almost.

Well, we can't let a little thing like no rain stop us so, we threw together a little low key ride. The trails were hardpacked and slick. The hills never did turn green this year and there were no fields of wild flowers like years past. The creek crossings had no water and we didn't even get to see any GasGas riders face down in the mud this year. :)

But, all in all, we had a great ride. There were a few get-offs and Scar took a real long dirt nap that scared us pretty good. :eek:

New guy, PvtJoker came out. He had heard about the new guys wearing the tutu, so he brought Lane, a newer guy with him. Good thinkin Pvt. Nice to meet you guys.

The Eel was flat cutting a trail on his Husky, as was RMJeff, LongTime and ScarTissue on their new rides. JPIVEY was flawless as usual. If these guys keep getting new bikes and going any faster, I may have to take up golf. :scream:

We ended the ride by coming through Mr. Toad's Wild Ride and Gilligans Island. Well Mr. Toads had no new growth, due to no rain and was more like a freeway instead of the tight single track we are used to. The real bummer of the day was when we got to Gilligans Island. There was a brush cutting machine in there cutting down all of the bamboo. :(

For those of you that never got to see it, Gilligans Island was a bamboo forest in a wash. There were long tunnels where the bamboo was completly grown over the top forming a tunnel. It was tight and twisty with several water crossings and you had to litterly lay on your gas tank to keep from hitting your head. In some areas it got so dark you needed a headlight to see where you were going. I guess it was just too good to last.

It was interesting getting through the fallen bamboo because there were a few very big holes that the bamboo covered up. A few of us, including myself, found these holes.

All in all, a good day.

Glad you all could make it.

Ol'89r

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Sorry I missed it my friend, I will make the next one I hope! Sounds like it was a great time, again.
Elk

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Terry- Thanks for the great ride. As always, I cant wait for the next one.

Gilligans Island :whiner: :whiner:

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
Thanks 89r for a great ride, it was sad to see what had happen to Gilligans, but then it was only a small portion of a Great ride.

I forgot to ask how far we went, I'm guessing about 30 mi., but it was enough to knock my lights out, I got home around 3pm, changed, sat down and the next thing I know it's 7:30 :eek: I love it when a ride just wears ya out :cool:

Well it was good to ride with everybody again, hope everyone is ok and in one piece ( scar ? ) and look forward to the next one.

Thanks again 89r

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Originally posted by JPIVEY

I forgot to ask how far we went, I'm guessing about 30 mi :cool:

I hope everyone is ok and in one piece ( scar ? )

I had 58 Kilometers. (CDN bike ya know.) But it may be a little off as I did a wheelie most the way :aj:

As far as dirt naps and being in one piece. Most of the parts that were pinned together and stapled are still that way. I mostly had flesh damage, a mild concussion and two cracked ribs. Nothing that'll keep me out of the next ride.

The part I'm most bummed about is I must've still been a lttle dizzy and did not zip up my tool pouch all the way. I lost all my trail tools, $40 cash, my spare levers, perches, master links, spark plugs, etc. ... :o Oh well it's only $$$$ and if I don't spend it my wife will :moon:

As far as the ride it was great, I had a blast as always. the bike mods I made were working well. I felt much more comfortable, and much faster on my new bike. 89er thanks for the guide and parking accomidations. To everryone else, I lookk forward again to next time. :moon:

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Originally posted by scar tissue

Oh well it's only $$$$ and if I don't spend it my wife will :moon:

At least you're still thinking clearly. :D

Sounds like another classic ride - hope to be there for the next one.....

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by Ol'89r
The creek crossings had no water and we didn't even get to see any GasGas riders face down in the mud this year.

justql has been riding with you guys?

you can have some of our rain. this is the wettest spring that i can remember. it's been so wet that moss is actually growing in the gutter in the street. my daughter slipped on it and fell today.

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Scar, I really wanted to give you some mojo for the 'brain damage/cracked ribs won't keep me away' comments, but I guess I have to spread some more around before I can fling any your way. :ugg:

Sounds like it was a great ride. Terry, call me when it rains! :confused:

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Originally posted by desert_racer
:whiner: :think: :moon:

HA,HA :p HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA :)

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Originally posted by desert_racer
Scar...

I'll remember that the next time you get behind the 520..

Oh... did that rock rooost hurt.. I'm sooo sorry... :p

Like that could ever happen, You'd actually have to pass me first :moon:

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
I think he just might get in your roost on purpose---every ride I've been on with the guy he bleeds! I think he likes it! :debil: :confused:

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Originally posted by ktmboy
I think he just might get in your roost on purpose---every ride I've been on with the guy he bleeds! I think he likes it! :debil: :confused:

Yep, how'd you think I came up with my name :aj:

It doesn't hurt until the bone shows...........Then just push it back in and keep riding. :confused:

Well are you gonna do sumthing or just stand there and BLEED!!!! :p

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Back in my Honda days my jerseys were red. One time when I slid out at high speed, an embedded rock took a chunk out of my elbow. (I still have the scar!) Figuring it was just road-rash, I re-mounted and took off after my buddies.
At the next rest stop I figured out that the liquid drenching my arm wasn't sweat. It was cool seeing my buds' faces turn white when I pulled up my sleeve and they could see cartlidge down in the hole! :debil: :moon:

So what did I do? Finished the ride of course! :aj:

desert_racer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 2, 2000
Yeah.. I remember those good ole days... when men were men and the boys wore skirts... Oh... sorry that was bask when I went to ******** school... :eek:

Top Bottom