kbud

Aug 28, 2002
I took steers to the fair last week, and i had to sit around the steer barn all week. There is an abundance of poo and its pretty easy to get bored, so we started putting cow turds on the back sides of dollar bills and wait for people to pick the up. Most people thought it was funny, but some got pissed. one wiped the poo all over my pants.

There are also alot of golf carts driving around. If you stick your foot under the tire of a golf cart, it will make the thing jerk fairly hard. I did it to a guy and he stopped and started yelling at me about how he could report me to the shariffs because i was being "unsafe". This guy ended up being a cop out of uniform.

AHHH good, cheap fun.

Gary B.

~SPONSOR~
Apr 17, 2000
Our county fair runs over the Labor Day weekend. I love going to the fair, but I'm sure it gets really boring to sit in basically one spot for hours on end. :( I've noticed how the kids taking care of livestock do find ways to "entertain" themselves. :p It usually involves semi-harmless pranks such as you've described.

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
22 years of fairs........They were fun but I'm glad they are behind me. In my prime I went to 30 shows year.... :eek:

Gary B.

~SPONSOR~
Apr 17, 2000
The 2003 State Fair was just completed here in WI. They"improved" it by building new giant building$, restaurant$, etc. They jacked up rent to vendors who, in turn increased prices. End result - 20% DECREASE in attendance. :scream: $8.50 for a brat!!!! :flame:

kbud

Aug 28, 2002
WOW THATS OUTRAGIOUS!!!!!! Fair food can get expensive so our FFA made food for all the FFA members and helpers. Our FFA is great, they do all they can to raise money to buy our animals in the ring. And they bid on EVERYBODY'S animals that go to our school, and our school is in financial trouble.

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
In my prime I went to 30 shows year....

I can't imagine you as a "Carnie" :p

kbud

Aug 28, 2002
You have my deepest sympathy. We are lucky we still have our ag program. We just built a new school, state paid for that, but they didn't factor in the opperating costs, so we can't afford to run the AC. They know they are in financial trouble, yet they go out and buy a new Steiner lawn mower at the price of 20,000 bucks. If they cut out the ag program, I might not come to school. But I'll be gradibating this year.

bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
Originally posted by kbud
But I'll be gradibating this year.

:think: :scream:

Not sure what you're planning on doing this year NOW?!!

Gotta love the fairs, especially the small town fairs. Our's always has the parade with lots of kids in it, 3 on 3 bball, a chance to see all the people that I grew up with (and my parents grew up with). We enter photo's & misc stuff into the exhibits. The best part is the food - all the concessions are run by the area clubs, schools & orgs so I don't mind paying a bit more. The homemade pie at the Women's Club both is killer too!

Last edited:

Gary B.

~SPONSOR~
Apr 17, 2000
I love our county fair. I usually take the family one day then go back a second day by myself to see EVERYTHING. :yeehaw:

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
I love the Texas State Fair. Mainly all I have time to do is the car show, eating, losing money for crappy prizes in the booths, eating, a ride or two, and a little more eating. Every now and then you can catch a cool country singer too. I'm not really into the whole animal thing. Too much of a city slicker.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by bsmith

I can't imagine you as a "Carnie" :p

He stole the Big Top when he left the Circus. :laugh:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom