braapbraap

Nov 15, 2006
i have heard alot of bad things about the 99-04 cr 125s. i was looking into buying a used cr but many ppl have told me that they are slow and hard to maintaine.most ppl have told me to get a yz 125. is it true about the cr's. thanks

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
As long as you take care of any two stroke, the way it's meant to be taken care of. It will give you no problems at all.

braapbraap

Nov 15, 2006
i have heard alot of bad things about the 99-04 cr 125s. i was looking into buying a used cr but many ppl have told me that they are slow and hard to maintaine.most ppl have told me to get a yz 125. is it true about the cr's. thanks

RocketRaccoon

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 7, 2006
braapbraap said:

They are no harder to maintain than any other 2-stroke. As for being slow...bullcrap. If you like them...get one. You cant go wrong getting any of the main 5...Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Yamaha or KTM. All make a geat bike and all have their pros and cons. :ride:

motocross4life

Yamaha-What'r You Riding?
Oct 29, 2006
RocketRaccoon said:
They are no harder to maintain than any other 2-stroke. As for being slow...bullcrap. If you like them...get one. You cant go wrong getting any of the main 5...Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Yamaha or KTM. All make a geat bike and all have their pros and cons. :ride:
IMO the cons about the cr125 is they are the slowest 125 2 strokes around! and they are expensive to maintain because of breaking. read dirtrider magazine. this is what i hear.

RocketRaccoon

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 7, 2006
motocross4life said:
IMO the cons about the cr125 is they are the slowest 125 2 strokes around! and they are expensive to maintain because of breaking. read dirtrider magazine. this is what i hear.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and that includes you. I do read Dirtrider and have never read an article about how they break more than any other bike. I have read that the engine isnt the smoothest(depending on year), but it is still more than competetive. I also read that they have the best suspension for many years running. To be honest, the build quality of Hondas is well known and respected. I have owned many in the past and havent had any problems. Seeing as how you are only about 13 years old...Im sure you mean well, but please understand that many of the people that post here are looking for help and want answers based on fact and experience. Giving inaccurate info could endup costing someone alot of money.

mongial

Oct 28, 2006
I agree RR. Any bike you buy these days (2-stroke that is) have the same maintanence demands as the others. All have pros and cons. If it is a good deal, buy it. All bikes can be modded to go as fast or as slow as you want it.

blmmx

Aug 10, 2006
I have an 02' cr125 and its easy to maintain, fast, and can do wheelies very easily, i love my bike, but the only thing that I dont like is that it has no low-end power, but thats normal for 125s

Top Bottom